[Reader-list] To Taha Mehmood

Taha Mehmood 2tahamehmood at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 30 15:35:44 IST 2009

Dear Pawan

Thank you for your response.

In my mail to Sandeep, I have said that I do not ascribe or subscribe to
views of political organizations who claim power for the good of few people
only.  I think such organizations are divisive. Any thinking or political
ideology which promotes demonization of the other in order to sustain itself
is bad.

You are absolutely right in some ways but I would rather think that to have
RSS like organization is unfortunate and my conscience calls such
organizations unfair and baised.

Hindu voice is as confusing and as unclear a term to me as Musilm voice. I
believe Hindu voice, like Muslim voice is clever rhetoric and nothing else.
However this just my interpretation, but I would be extremely grateful to
you if you could please talk me through your ideas regarding -Hindu voice-

 I do not think that Hinduism like Islam in India was ever a homogeneous
religion. What organizations like RSS are doing is what organizations like
Lashkar intends to do. Which is nothing but to create conditions where only
the good of the proponents of a synthetic overarching identity is
considered. I do not think such attitudes result in good politics.
Alienation of people on the basis of their religious identity is horrible
and I am sorry but both Lashkar and RSS claims to represent non-existent
HIndu and Muslim voices.

Regards

Taha