[Reader-list] To Taha Mehmood

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 11:45:48 IST 2009

Dear Pawan (and all)

Interesting indeed that BJP and Lashkar can't be clubbed together, inspite
of the fact that they belong to the same line of thought, of course, with
respect to different religions.

For the BJP and their parivar, it's the militant portrayal of Sri Rama,
which is important in their project of 'Hindutva'. For the Lashkar and their
like, it's the militant portrayal of the Prophet and his followers which is
important in their project of 'jihad'; or should I say, global jihad.

Both want to restrict the rights of women. The RSS believes that women
should not drink. Even the Lashkar believes in the same. But it would be
interesting to note that the Aryans, from whom come most of the North
Indians today, actually used to drink in ancient India, if you go by
history. And of course, for those who think this is a figment of imagination
created as history by Leftists, better go and research on tribals of India.
Many tribal communities in India had their women drinking, on public
occasions, and then used to dance. And most of the village communities
coming in contact with them also did the same.

The Lashkar would better know that even today's Punjabis are ancestrally
believed to be Aryans (on either side of border), and while I can't
specifically say that about the Pathans in Pakistan, the very idea that a
woman can't drink, while men can drink as they please, is utterly
ridiculous.

Next similarity. Both BJP and Lashkar believe that women can't have
premarital sex. But yes, of course, men can have it. So, it's not wrong for
men in India to watch shows of devadasis, and even it's a conspiracy against
Hindus, if the Kanchi Shankaracharya is arrested on a molestation case (as
if our Sadhus are all pure; the Kanchi one is not an original
Shankaracharya). And on the other hand, we have the Talibanised section of
society in Pakistan, who think that widowed women should be turned into
prostitutes, for the benefits of the men.

It's a taboo according to both of them, to talk about or even read about sex
in public. Indeed. Khajuraho has statues showing erotic portrayals of men
and women. But of course, it would be better for the BJP if our men learn
about sex, through watching porn films illegally before 18, through having
unprotected sex due to peer pressure, and of course through pelvic thrusts
and Mallika Sherawats, with no parents to look at children because both
parents are working.

The Taliban is even better. If you ask for a women's right, you are
beheaded. At least your family is spared. The BJP doesn't do that, it not
only cuts you, but your family is attacked as well, as Gujarat and 1992-93
riots prove. Not to forget, the administrative failure in preventing Godhra,
for it was their govt in the centre and the state which failed to prevent
it, a miserable thing indeed.

The only difference is in their spread. The Lashkar is spread across many
nations, in terms of their ideology and organization. The BJP-RSS is spread
only in India as of now, but is slowly taking Indians living in US and UK
under its fold.

So what should we do? Wait for BJP-RSS to take more countries under their
fold? And destroy Hinduism?

Or denounce them and stop this, forever.

Hinduism and Islam are no monoliths in India. There are diversities in both,
and I am proud of my nation having been one of the epicentres (if not the
only epicentre) of this diversity in both religions. Nobody, the Lashkar or
the BJP-RSS or anyone else has any right to destroy this diversity.

As for Pawan jee, there is a saying in Sanskrit, mentioned in Mahabharata: '
vinash kale vipreet buddhi'. When the time of disaster for oneself comes,
the mind runs in the opposite direction of where it should go. And we are
seeing that with the rise of BJP-RSS and Lashkar. If not stopped, the entire
world will have to pay the price of ignoring the rise of the two, not just
India and Pakistan or just South-East Asia.

So, it makes more sense to buy apples in Nagpur and oranges in Kashmir,
rather than saying that both are not same.

Regards

Rakesh