[Reader-list] To Taha Mehmood

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 23:45:52 IST 2009

Dear Pawan

With no malice intended to one and all, even you, the comment is also true
for you.

You also see only what you are prepared to see. And anything contrary to
what you say, is false and malicious. Whereas I at least don't say all BJP
arguments made are wrong. My major problem with them is their ideology and
support of state violence and cadre violence. If they can change that, it
can change many things.

They can better learn from their chief minister in my state, Shivraj Singh
Chauhan. (I live in MP). He never used terrorism as an issue personally at
all, and even stated to Modi (reported unofficially) that terror is not an
issue in MP elections, 2008. He was proved true. He got elected not so much
because he did good work, but because he dwelt on positivity in his election
campaign. I do accept that that in a sense, however is wrong. But it is
anyday better than seeing an egoistic man called Narendra Modi winning in
Gujarat. That is why what he said after the election is indeed I would be
proud of ' Narendra Modi is Narendra Modi. Shivraj Singh Chauhan is Shivraj
Singh Chauhan'. Nobody can say he had any personal enemies because of his
behavior, though how many Modi has are not countable on fingers at least.

When Modi and Advani are campaigning, it always seems as if all others are
totally negative and infact traitors for India. Which we are not. And which
is what we point out. Forget even administration in a general sense, first
of all at least improve how you behave at all, and how you campaign, and
what is your ideology for the development of this country.

Stop attacking Muslims. You can argue that India is a soft state for
negotiating with terrorists. You can argue that going to pubs is against
Indian culture, how so ever much it's a biased argument in favor of
Brahmans. You can even argue that Bangladeshis should not be allowed to vote
in Indian elections. But what is the need to say that Muslims can never be a
part of India or even organize violence against them? What is the need to
allow your cadres or sections of the populaton to conduct injustices against
them?

Regards

Rakesh