[Reader-list] All Hindu-Muslim love marriages under probe

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 23:30:38 IST 2009

This is an absolutely atrocious move, particularly as our democracy is
supposed to be liberal, and in any case laws are supposed to protect people.
Nobody has given the right to the state to regulate the life of the people
when there is no threat to others. And if there are any marriages under
pressure, they can anyway be brought under existing laws.

Ironically, if a Hindu boy were to marry a Muslim girl, the BJP would have
no issues with it. And we know the reasons about it.