[Reader-list] All Hindu-Muslim love marriages under probe

anupam chakravartty c.anupam at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 12:06:09 IST 2009

Dear all,

This news report looks like an extention of the press note for BJP supplied
to the news agency in which State CID was made the scapegoat. The exact
statement by the CID cheif: "We are still to receive the order. The first
thing we will have to do is to check whether such an inquiry is in
consonance with the CID manual. If not, we will inform the
government about the norms. If the government persists, we will decide on
how to carry out these investigations."

Raut's statement could mean anything. "I will initiate enquiry into this,"
My question to news reporter: Enquiry into what???

As my sources have said, there was rejoinder sent to this newspaper for
publishing this report in which Maharasthra State CID has said that no such
thing was discussed.

-thanks Anupam