[Reader-list] Present list of BPL families a flawed one, says report- 156

Rajendra Bhat Uppinangadi rajen786uppinangady at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 16:59:41 IST 2009

Dear All and Taha,
     humans endeavour  is to work, work with accuracy, but the greed,
status, power make things go wrong in the work done.? Check any data of any
federal state irrespective of the political party ruling that state, one can
easily know that the BPL list is all wrong, genuine beneficiaries are not in
the list to get the essential commodities,the caste, faith and regional
affiliation of that reseidential area has had an impact while making the
list of eligible beneficiaries.

  Karnataka has 1.65 lakh BPL cards with average of 5 individuals as its
family members in each of this cards. The population of karnataka is appxly,
550 lakhs, which means every person living in Karnataka is below poverty
line.! Our dear nandu, narayana Murthy, Premji all are poor by this
statisrics.! Ofcourse none of them may have the BPL cards, but census is
mere game with numbers when it is only for pleasing the votebanks.!

Unless there is political will to have good governance and citizens rise
above the hypocracy of having the cake and eating it too with exclusive
policies, this is bound to happen as human mind works for survival, far
better than any technology.!

Take the cost of running the system of democratic rule, parliament spends
Rs.26,000/- per minute, I was told by men in media, the president has to be
kept in the Rastrapatni Bhavan at a cost of 6.5 crores, the useless
politicians have to be protected with security at a cost of 550 crores per
annum, with all this wastage of public money and additional waste of
expenditure on "free and fair" elections to elect goons and murderers as our
elected representatives, do we need democracy at all.?

 But the issue here is freedom , freedom to talk, express, that we have as
we have democratic rule with all its shortcomings.!

Regards.

Rajen.

Rajen.