[Reader-list] Fwd: HIV and male circumcision

Taha Mehmood 2tahamehmood at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 30 16:51:28 IST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lalit Ambardar <lalitambardar at hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 9:22 PM
Subject: RE: [Reader-list] HIV and male circumcision
To: 2tahamehmood at googlemail.com, Pawan Durani <pawan.durani at gmail.com>
Cc: "reader-list at sarai.net" <reader-list at sarai.net>, tapasrayx at gmail.com

Dear Taha,

Your story about ‘Ramesh’ & ‘Arif’ makes a poignant reading. It is a
tragedy that communal riots continue to haunt us. Let us hope & pray
that there aren’t any anymore.

 But it is also a fact that for every ‘Arif’ there have been ‘Rameshs’
too. And victims did not always undergo any circumcision test. You
mentioned Gujarat. Well if the aftermath was so horrible so was the
instigation –the burning of so many ‘Rameshs’ in the train at Godhra &
mind it there was no penispection before the train was singed.

And what do you have to say about the ethnic cleansing of Kashmiri
Hindu Pandits in Kashmir? Remember there were no riots there- there
was no instigation. Yet so many ‘Rameshs’ were selectively targeted &
murdered in cold blood not with the daggers but with sophisticated
arms like AK47s & pistols. The fear psychosis after hundreds were
butchered lead to the surviving ‘Rameshs’ flee their homes & hearths.
No, no voter lists were used for any identification purpose nor were
any penispections carried out. The whole process of ethnic cleansing
was so meticulously planned & executed.

Identification tools do not necessarily matter.

Regards

LA

Ps: will someone change the subject line, it is so misleading -if the
original article was about just the 'sex' the following comments
aren't about HIV either.