[Reader-list] Fw: Fw: Whats Going on in Australia?

subhrodip sengupta sub_sengupta at yahoo.co.in
Wed Jun 3 16:56:27 IST 2009

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: subhrodip sengupta <sub_sengupta at yahoo.co.in>
To: SAREETA BIPIN AMRUTE <amrutes at u.washington.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, 3 June, 2009 4:56:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Reader-list] Fw: Whats Going on in Australia?

Dear Sareeta,Rakesh, Kshmendra and all,
                          Thanks for your interest on this topic. Today I saw some Aussie cricketer's wrath on the same lines on immigrants(As if Indians were the only immigrants, SE asians were attacked also, but in less numbers). Also thanks my approach into aggresive trends would be evolutionary, not exactly deterministic. Apart from heavy spending on drugs, I tried to look back on a decade old topic on teenage violence, and then on Google, a whole new arena of Racist Games opened, which I admittedly indulged in to Atleast explore the actions, intensity and influence. In my childhood days, I did not play computer games either, but amazing that I did not know of them.
The Question then raises is why Austrailian teens are particularly prone to attacking?
A second fact I remember is a short span of rapes of North East Girls in Delhi, South Delhi and janakpuri Region in particular, and the profile of criminals. The comments by public was not ony hazardous, but also dishearteaning, until I realised that Education doesnt make anybody better at heart, it only sharpens the brain. FEudal blames were given to shorts and their lifestyles, just going the name they are popular by. Here is the society, and it's level of 'openness' and sarcasm. US also suffers from such an apartheid. Yesterday, I read an article by CNN that 4/5 out of the group of citizens studied, do not think high about what people of muslim countries think about them.
MY stand on Unfair, or say, but I do not think illegal immigrants(all I know is studying there makes it easier to immigrate into Us) is still the same. The country knowingly calls them it benifits them and adds to their Surplus. Then, just after a recession why speak on lines of MNS, when economies are recovering? India is also alllowing Aussie firms stay within it. Silence speaks for itself in such cases, and there is no need to award freedom of doubt. The ' Reporting A CRIME Game' which studies why individuals do not report a crime does not hold afterwards. Besides Indians can not file for police jobs, nor take bribes on their behalf, why are they then so worried? As if Govt of Karnataka got nightmares about their children partying late nights! Why are Indians regarded soft targets? Has ever a Muslim being attacked? Blacks are better built off course. What kind of lifestyles do Indians follow? Is there any political or cultural friction as well? The
 answer lies in Community and sense of belonging. Again overemphasis on this would rather be political and I avoid it because it is like saying a victim wanted Rape(As if we were guardians of criminals)! Why children are prompted to take drugs, play violent games etc., also somewhere relates to the sense of efficiency, how one is willing to acquire property and to some extent upon the ideology of parents as well. I'll blame the police apthy for it completely.Besides in presence of a strong lobby, do not they eat into a share of the Salaami? Schooling has to play a good role, and I am really afraid of the safety of indian students in such schools. People should seperate publicity from science, a social sporadic violence by adults or teenagers should not be misread along seggregationist lines. If we at all are concerned we should be concerned first as Human beings and as relatives and friends than hope this would be a nice way of bringing back the Indian
 brains and sending them to Rots, that kind of beurgroise fallacy I can not afford to resort to! Racism is everywhere, it is pinching only when you mix it with violence, but then all crimes need some way of justifying themselves. By take here is out of empathy rather than being deterministic, It is Sad Australians still follow the Imperialist values, though technologically advanced, and nobody or no institution bothers to break the ice. Is it because of helpless state of India which is drawing plans for increased FDI's in future, or what?
Thanks for drawing my attention to the book. IF you please, could you give me some excerpts as well? MY pocket money is out for a month and local library closed! haha
Regards,
Subhrodip.