[Reader-list] Hindu article

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 20:19:44 IST 2009

Dear Rajen ji (and all)

I really sympathize with you and the rest of the brigade which is now
doing what Modi is best at: using propaganda and portraying yourselves
as victims. You very well know that it is very difficult to get a
proper proof of how Modi is the best, and so you do what Modi does.
You say that since everybody has a right to freedom of speech, people
are maligning Modi (or Sonia or Manmohan) and hence trying to prove
that you yourself are victims of that.

Please, I would kindly request you to stop this way of thinking. Even
you Bipin ji, I would request you to at least now see that efforts of
Modi are only going to help the rich and the powerful, while the poor
and the downtrodden, which includes the tribals as well, will further
sink into the bottom. And moreover, the environmental concerns are
going for a toss as far as the state of Gujarat is concerned, forget
anything else.

What I also request here, on this forum, is to have a debate on
development itself, as to what it means for different people here.
Many people keep talking that Modi is great on the developmental
front. I wish to know what that development means, because as I see
it, from my point of view, Modi's right-wing policies (which
ironically also include letting the environment go for a toss), are
going to lead to huge problems. Since some people prefer to call this
'development', it would be very kind of all you people (Rajen ji,
Bipin ji, others too who despise seculars) to at least state what
development is in your own words.

It can really benefit us all, I believe.

Regards

Rakesh