[Reader-list] Fw: Re: i was stunned

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 13:39:59 IST 2009

Dear Rajen ji

Since you commented that people don't comment on corruption cases by say the
Leftists (you may later include the Congress also) but always comment on the
wrongdoings of the BJP (or the Rightists), let me state two things
personally from my side:

1) Corruption done by whichever individual, irrespective of his/her
religious, community-based, casteist, ideological or any other affiliations
is wrong, and should be condemned, and those who indulge in corruption
should be subjected to punishment as per law. On this account, I welcome the
Governor's decision to allow the CBI to prosecute Vijayan. If Vijayan is
guilty as is being made out in numerous newspaper reports, let him go to
jail for that. After all, a minister is said to be responsible and act as a
role model in the society.

2) The second thing is that it's not necessary that if people don't comment
on a wrong, it becomes a right. That seems to be yet another form of the
Modi-Bush propaganda: 'If you are not with me, you are against me', which
is: 'If you don't condemn some wrong, you accept that it is right'. That is
not the case.

Just because me or anybody else doesn't post a comment on a case, doesn't
mean I or others would necessarily accept that an offence committed by
someone is acceptable to me or to others. Please correct your perception
here.

Hence, don't make presumptions based on perceptions, but base them on proof
based concept. I know you will say that I do the same about RSS, but
Golwalkar's writings, the way justice has not been provided even uptil now
in the post-2002 violence, and the utter disregard and no sense of remorse
either in the RSS or the BJP for that violence, simply prove that.

Infact, I got to know one more interesting thing: the word 'Hindutva' was
coined by Savarkar, who incidentally did not believe in idolatry or
idol-worship; he was against it. This was an important concept of his policy
of Hindutva. Now the RSS has completely forgotten this by asking for a Ram
Mandir to be built to house an idol of Lord Ram, so also its sister
organizations like the VHP and the Bajrang Dal. Therefore, Rajen ji, since
you are in a way associated with the RSS, I would like to know which is the
correct version of Hindutva, and why?

Regards

Rakesh