[Reader-list] Hindu article

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 15:40:31 IST 2009

Dear Bipin ji

Your point is not exactly right, because Teesta Satalvad not talking about
other riots does not mean that she believes they were right.

Second, and the more important point is that, we should not care about
Teesta and her supporters. The larger question is that of justice, justice
for those who died in Godhra, justice for those who died in the post-Godhra
violence.

If Teesta, or Rahul Gandhi, or George Bush, or Manmohan Singh, or Veerappa
Moily, or Shuddhabrata Sengupta, or Anupam Chakravarty, or Rajen
Uppinangadi, or Pawan Durani or yourself or myself or anyone else are taking
certain actions which help in ensuring that justice is done for both these
incidents, what is so wrong about it?

Who cares what are the motives of any of the people mentioned above or
anyone else who does the same? Why should we care about them? If
Achuhanandan can help to unravel corruption of Pinarayi Vijayan tomorrow,
why should I worry about the motive of Achuthanandan in doing so? My larger
point is that a corrupt politician is caught and punished. That is what
should matter to us.

So if you wish to say she does all this for personal popularity, that
doesn't require importance. But yes, if she impedes the process of getting
justice, then certainly she should be probed or looked at carefully. As of
now, that is not the case at least.

Regards

Rakesh