[Reader-list] Justice for Nilofer and Asiya

rashneek kher rashneek at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 08:46:35 IST 2009

Dear Inder,

The post is simple,it seeks justice for those raped and killed.I re-iterate
that whosoever has done this crime should be hanged publicly in Shopian to
make an example of him.
At the same the separtists should be ashamed of themselves because they and
their boys also have done the same and hence have no moral high ground on
this.Yasin Malik is one.
I hope you remember Sarla Bhat and how she was chopped on the saw mill.
But thats not the issue here.The issue is about nilofer and Asiya.
And you see no one has asked that alongside these unfortunate women,justice
also be dispensed to Pandit women who were raped.The post is unequivocal
about seeking justice for the family.No strings attached whatsoever.

Best Regards

rashneek

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 2:38 AM, Lalit Ambardar
<lalitambardar at hotmail.com>wrote:

> This 'change of heart' comment appears to be out of place here.
>
> Those who have suffered themselves can not be seen rejoicing over the agony
> of others.It is natural that Kashmiri Hindu Pandits who suffered ethnic
> cleasnsing & are seeking justice for the crimes commited against them will
> not remain indifferent on humanitarian grounds to the tagedy that has struck
> this hapless family in Shopian.
>

> It is a fact that Kashmiri Muslims remained mute spectators & in many cases
> actually collaborated with the jihadis when their  Hindu Pandit neighbours
> were being hounded out of their homes.Yet, contrary to the general
> perception,Pandits' anger & disappointment has never come in the way of
> their continued bonhomie with the Kashmiri Muslims at individual levels.It
> was the ousted & humiliated  Hindu Pandit in exile who received & embraced
> his erstwhile Kashmiri Muslim neighbour,collegue whenever the later came
> calling.
>

> Kashmiri Pandits have not given up their right on Kashmir.They keenly
> follow the events & are quite concerned about the situation there.And a
> human tragedy of this kind is bound to evoke sympathy.Culprits must be
> apprehended & punished at the earliest.And if by any chance they happen to
> be from the law enforcing agencies, the punishment should be even harsher
> for a few black sheep can not be allowed to tarnish the image of the forces
> who continue to make extreme sacrifices in the battle against the pan
> Islamists.
>

> It is unfortunate that the tragedy of 'rape'& 'murder' is being used as a
> tool by the politicians as well as the other disruptive forces.Can Manmohan
> Singh's Govt.be accused of using 'rape' as a means to suppress?
> Criminalisation of the society in general is now a stark reality every
> where. Are uniformed men not found involved in heinous crimes in rest of
> India?
>
> Insidious degeneration in the social order ever since the inception of the
> pan Islamism inspired scessionist violence two decades ago has only
> compounded the 'tragedy of Kashmir'.A unique culture, which boasted of
>  almost no major crime other than petty thefts or some pick pocketing,
> overnight saw adopting new  terminologies like terrorists,
> Kalishnikovs,pistol,grenade,ethnic
> cleansing,Mukhbar(informer),crackdown,rape etc.etc...And those who self
> admittedly were responsible for initiating this drama of death & destruction
> are roaming free.Those who should have been tried for crimes against
> humanity  have been allowed to acquire political legitimacy.Is it still
> surprising to see Kashmiri society brutalised? No one responsible for rape &
> murder of Kashmiri Hindu Pandits has ever been prosecuted.What happens to a
> society that allows freedom to the criminals?
>
> And who continues to suffer- it is the common Kashmiri Muslim in the valley
> & the exiled Kashmiri Pandit living as a refugee in his own country out side
> [...]

Rashneek Kher
http://www.kashmiris-in-exile.blogspot.com
http://www.nietzschereborn.blogspot.com