[Reader-list] Shahidul Alam detained by Indian Border Security Force

Kshmendra Kaul kshmendra2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 15:50:46 IST 2009

Dear Santosh

Bias clouds rationality.

If you had cared to read properly the posts (by Shun-Ling Chen) on which Pawan commented you might have seen the idiocy in them in their trying to suggest that Shahidul Alam was some innocent critter ensnared by the Indian BSF.

If he 'strayed' into Indian territory and if was taking photographs at the 'border', the BSF did right in detaining him and ascertaining his antecedents. He was subsequently arrested by BDR.

The simplicity with which it was reported that he was asked to 'come over' by BSF was ridiculous. It was unbelievable.

Of course if you are one of those who's obsession is 'India-Bad, Bad-India' then you are entitled to your own idiocy.

Kshmendra