[Reader-list] Is Indian democracy turning into a farce now?

Venugopalan K M kmvenuannur at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 15:49:12 IST 2009

Dear Rakesh,

This perspective as articulated here,though would become central to
any idea of egalitarian praxis in nation and  politics, our leading
players often miss it out.
Identities ought to occupy the central stage only to the extent of
being helpful  to locate the areas where things take wrong turns, by
design or by default.
Discourses on quotas,  on  (ending) communal profiling of terrorism,
on Women's Bill and such, otherwise  would not have originated at all
in an ideal scheme as suggested by you. Unfortunately, they not only
remain unsettled , but are also most likely to be elusive of answers
over a period of time ahead.

Regards,
Venu.

--