[Reader-list] Jihadis abduct, rape young girls in Jammu -

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 00:19:53 IST 2009

Dear Malik jee

I don't understand how skewed can your views be? The incident has been
reported in the Daily Pioneer. What do you want? Do you want the case to run
like 24- hr news item the way our media reports, and then reduce it to
caricature?

Do you want our newsprint media to also portray it the way they usually do,
and thereby reduce it to just one news?

Or do you want only all news of Hindu sufferings to be published, and no
news of any Muslim or Christian or any other suffering to be banned?

What do you want? What is your problem, if I may ask you? In anything and
everything you see Muslim appeasement only.

When the Indian govt decides to give Haj subsidies, it's Muslim appeasement.
When the Indian govt decides to reserve seats for Indian Muslims, it's
Muslim appeasement. When the Indian govt decides to set up bank branches in
Muslim dominated areas, it's Muslim appeasement. Obeying the recommendations
of the Sachar Committee Report is Muslim appeasement.

But naming the missiles of India as 'Arjun' or giving them only Hindu
mythical names is not appeasement. The decision of Indian govt to build the
Somnath temple by public money is not appeasement. Neither is it appeasement
to spend money of the public on Amarnath and Kedarnath yatras, even to give
security there, that too by organizations other than the police. It's not an
appeasement indeed to state that India is taken as a 'Hindu' rashtra (by the
BJP govt of course).

So giving money for temple construction or allowing people in the name of
Hindutva to destroy mosques and mazars is not appeasement too.

Malik jee, for every one argument you give about Muslim appeasement, I will
give you an example of Hindu appeasement. And this will not end. What I want
to know is this, what do you wish to portray through this end listing? And
this is all for those who believe there is Muslim appeasment in India.

Let me state the obvious here. India is a state where every community is
appeased or sought to be appeased. It's a compromise with which we have to
live. Otherwise, there always is the option of breaking away into 543 and
more principalities where each minority section can live amongst themselves,
produce amongst themselves and not bother others.

Learn to compromise Malik jee. That's how we live as India. Otherwise, be
prepared for thousands of partitions of India. And if you think partition is
not trauma, remember 1947 or at least read about it. And for more, you can
read about how Pakistan felt in 1971 after losing Bangladesh.

I would have been happy if you had said that let's not stop at appeasement
but take steps to improve the lives of people on the ground. But this is
simply name calling and nothing else.

Regards

Rakesh