[Reader-list] Another cause, not pink but blood red...

swathi shivanand swathi.shivanand at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 17:47:33 IST 2009

while agreeing with a large number of issues raised in the two emails,
namely that of the class nature of the media, the horrific incidents of
ragging demeaning human dignity, the under-reportage of atrocities against
dalits.....

but to priviliege one kind of oppression over the other, to say that one is
more important than the other is doing a disservice to understanding the
nature and operation of powerful, oppressive forces. it is also to say that
one's oppression is worse than the other's... and one definitely cannot
hierarchise oppression, can we?

so while calling for support, perhaps we ask for support based on the
historicity and nature of the incident involved, rather than demeaning other
forms of protest?

swathi