[Reader-list] Osip Mandelstam and Varun Gandhi: a clear contrast

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 15:23:56 IST 2009

Dear all

For the benefit of all those, who wish to know what exactly Varun Gandhi has
said, these are the excerpts, taken from Indian Express, which has obtained
them through a recording of election meetings, which are held in two
different locations.

Link:
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/badey-daraawne-naam-hotey-hain-inke...-karimullah-mazharullah...-varun-gandhi-kaat-daalega.../435950/1

Excerpts:

1) *Yeh panja nahi hai, yeh kamal ka haath hai. Yeh kat** ke galey ko kaat
dega chunaav ke baad. Jai Shri Ram! Ram ji ki jai! Varun Gandhi kaat
daalega! Kaat denge us haath ko, kaat denge, kaat daalega!

2) **Apne jao, apne gaon mein jao aur halla karo ki saara Hindu ek tarfa ho
jao, chhetra ko Pakistan hone se bachao, aur saara Hindu ek tarfa ho jao!

3) **Kya yeh sach nahin hai… ki usko bola gaya ki mataji aapka naam kya
hai... agar usne bola ki Bimla Devi, to usko kahaa ki dekhenge, sochenge...
pehle paanch hazaar rupaye do... aur agar uska naam hai Saira Bano ya jo bhi
Begum Hukum Begum... hum to jaante nahin hain... badey daraawne naam hotey
hain inke... Karimullah... Mazharullah.... agar raat ko kabhi dikh jaayen...
to darr rahen hain...

4) **Meri ek behan hai... to ek pamphlet chhapa tha jisme saare
pratiyashiyon ka picture likha hua hai... toh meri behan... us bitiya ne
kaha... Bhaiya mujhe nahi pata tha ki aapke chhetra mein Osama bin Laden
chunaav lad rahein hain... Maine kaha beta Osama bin Laden ko to America
pakad nahi liya lekin Varun Gandhi ke to pakad mein bahut aane waale hain
chunaav ke baad!

5) **Jo aadmi thappad aapko maare, aapko kya karna chahiye? Doosra gaal aage
kar dena chahiye… Usse bewakoofi ki baat maine suni nahi hai aaj tak. Agar
koi aadmi aapko thappad maare, to saale ka haath kat do ki kisi ko phir
thappad nahi maar paaye baad mein.

6) **.Agar kisi ne, kisi galat tatv ke aadmi ne, kisi Hindu pe haath
uthaya...to main Gita ki kasam khake kehta hun ki main us haath ko kaat
daalunga!

*After reading all this, you can for yourself make out the kind of language
Varun Gandhi has used. The problem with all the right-wing people of this
nation is that, they want a masculine, effete kind of response to these
things, for the fact is that in their own personal lives, they are never
satisfied with the devotion they have towards God. The fact is that, they
always want their devotion to increase further and further, and no levels
are enough for them. That's what my own experiences have shown me, though
they are not many.

And I sincerely feel, that right-wing people probably don't have any
confidence in their masculinity, which forces them to always express it
again and again in useless issues. Similarly, they also don't have enough
confidence in their devotion to God, for they constantly are in search of
more and more. They need psychologists to boost their confidence in their
masculinity and contentment in their devotion to God, rather than Ram
Mandirs and action against 'appeasers' of Muslims.

After all, as one line of the song 'Pal Pal hai Bhari' from Swades says:

'Man se Ravana jo nikaale, Ram uske man mein hai'. So please let the Ravana
of our minds run away, instead of fighting over masjids-mandirs, and if
that's what we want to fight for, let us have one single fight to solve the
issue for once and all. Let us not have Ayodhya, Godhra, post-Ayodhya,
post-Godhra, Kandhamal, Mangalore one by one. Let us go on streets and solve
the issue for once and for all. At least be that rational.

Let us not die every day (I mean the soul). Let the death be once, and for
all.

After all, 'roz roz kutte ki mout marne se achcha hai ek din sher ki maut
marna', as one of the 'alleged' terrorists of Ahmedabad blasts said.

The choice is ours: Useless fights to destroy ourselves (Pakistan is already
involved in these), or fight against all the evils leaving aside all
infighting amongst ourselves (not because we are Indians, but because we are
human beings first).

Regards

Rakesh