[Reader-list] Mallika Sarabhai's Campaign

Leela Mayor mayorleela at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 23 10:39:10 IST 2009

The reason I am writing to you all is to tell you that Mallika Sarabhai is contesting for elections as an Independant candidate from the Gandhinagar constituency in Ahmedabad which is also L K Advani's constituency. So far there are no candidates from the Congress or the CPI so there is a possibility that they may back her. For all of us interested in the fight against the BJP this is a great opportunity to pitch in our resources and help her make a great push towards a victory. It is also a great chance to undermine Narendhra Modi and all that he stands for and to put a spoke in the wheels of Advani's quest for Prime Ministership of India. This will be a national battle fought out at the micro level and all eyes will be on it.

Mallika is looking for support in terms of ideas for campaigning (she already has a good idea of strategy but is open to fresh and new ideas) and also very importantly, FUNDS. If you feel you can rally like-minded people to contribute in any which way they can it would be great. The Bank Account details are as below. She wants total transparency in terms of how the monies are spent and there will be public accountability for this. She wants people to contribute upfront without wanting anonymity. I am a point of contact for anyone wanting information. I will be working for and with the campaign. We also need on the ground volunteers and workers.

Please let me know how you can help. Hope to hear from you anyway.....

Please find below the information on Accounts for transfer of funds. Please pass on to anyone interested. Please let everyone know that funds can be as small or as large as people can afford. It is also for us a token of their involvement and support.

We really appreciate your support and the fact that you share our enthusiasm.

Fund transfer Information
No foreign contribution possible. If the NRIs have an Indian account, they may transfer it to that account and then forward that cash to us by bearer("self") cheque or cash itself.

For domestic wire transfer, please use this:
A/c Name: "Mallika Sarabhai MP Election 2009"
A/c Number: 202810110001569
Bank of India
Vadaj Branch
Ahmedabad 380013

If you are sending a check, please make check payable to:
Mallika Sarabhai MP Election 2009
& mail to:
Mallika Sarabhai
Chidambaram