[Reader-list] The Epitaph of a Mind: Vir Sanghvi

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 11:27:14 IST 2009

Dear Taraprakash & Vedavati

It's completely wrong to state that we should concern ourselves with the sad
plight of someone, because that someone is our friend/belongs to our race,
sex, religion, caste, community, nation, province or something else. The
very reason we should concern ourselves with that someone, is because that
someone is a human being/living creature, and the plight he/she may be
suffering is because of some injustice meted out to him/her/it.

So, it's not the case of Indian Muslims standing for Pakistani Muslims, or
Indian Hindus standing for Pakistani Hindus. Any Indian should condemn
blasts in Pakistan, and vice versa, because such blasts kill innocents in
the name of giving justice to someone/something.

Hence, the actual advice to Vedavati jee should be that India should
definitely oppose any kind of violence being unleashed on any section of
society anywhere, including Pakistan, be it on Pakistani Hindus, or
Pakistani Muslims.

Regards

Rakesh