[Reader-list] Mallika Sarabhai's Public Meeting in JNU on 31stMarch

bipin aliens at dataone.in
Tue Mar 31 18:38:41 IST 2009

Dear Rakesh and All,

I am giving point by point reply to Rakesh mail as under. Interested person please read it patiently and welcome your point of view.

Advani was not first person to take out Rath Yatra for political mileage. There was series of rath yatra organized by various political parties. I have already mentioned in my analysis that to counter minor vote bank politics of congress since years, BJP started appeasing Hindu vote bank. Advani started from Somnath and wherever it passes through Gujarat and other places got very good response. No riot took place in Gujarat or even other part wherever it passed, but when Lalu stopped the same at Bihar tension/riot started particularly at UP. Question is that why Lalu stopped. Naturally to get political mileage from minor vote bank.

Babri Masjid demolition was also not good. But, there is historical place of Hindu and Lord Ram birth place deep routed in the mind of whole India and the place of mosque where nothing was happening since years and remain idle, with broad mind, Muslim community should understand and would have given the place for building temple. This very long issue and repeated requests was denied by Babri committee. Time came, when Hindu got anxious and things happened. However, this is not the actual issue we want to discuss. This is history now and if you remember old things and will remain in past only, one will never progress. Since, you have written this, I have given my view point. Ram mandir issue is now legal matter and court will decide it. If Muslim staying in India stays here as Indian and stop their mental physical support to the terrorist and you will see the difference.

Whenever any govt. comes in the power and after getting stable for sometime adopts some new policies, it will take at least 2.5/3 years time to get effect of that policy. So, during that initial period of govt., previous govt. policies will remain in effect. This is very important point to note. Since the NDA was the first co-alition govt. took more time to stabilize. Major terror attack took place, including parliament attack, in the initial tenor of their rule. There after attack was there, but much lower impact attack took place. You mentioned Akshardham, but in Gujarat after that, no other terror attack took place. Only recent (2008) bomb blast took place. Strict law like POTA or any such kind is necessary to prevent local hand to support terrorist and so that is why such laws are required. With such a law outsider will not effected but local hand will think twice for support to terrorist.

No doubt, intelligence failure is major problem in system and it is applicable to all the govt. whoever in the power. To improve it, we need independent agency without political interference. I don't know whether it is possible or not, but altogether again different issue. So, if you point out for only NDA rule intelligence failure is not fair. Its more applicable to congress since they ruled for about 50 years after independent. Misuse of intelligence agency was started by Indira, as she has started so many unwanted things during her rule. Her only good step was Nationalization of Banks which was necessary at that time and situation, so the bank without looking into the profit, reaches each and every villages. However, I doubt this point was there in her mind. She must have taken this step to become popular in public mind to vow votes.

So, do you think that if Megha Patker was not there, rehabilitation would have not done in proper manner? Gujarat govt. rehabilitation was appreciated by court as well as world bank also. May be she is social worker and doing some good work, but one should not put hindrance in the development or public benefit process. Court has also slept her for this matter. Today, it started producing power and water reaching many cities/towns/villages in Gujarat and benefited to farmers. Crops in Gujarat has increased compare to previous years. No doubt canal work is yet not completed and could not able to achieve canal work as per target. Power plant also started producing power. Still the height has to increase and for which court giving step wise permission. By making Narmada dam, water of river going in the sea was stopped and utilized. It is unfortunate that we have wasted water for 15 years unutilized by delaying the projects. Thanks (or curse) to Megha Patker.

Can you elaborate, from where you got that figure of Rs. 20 per day. I am going to my village in Sabarkantha district, I have noticed of minimum Rs. 100 to 200 per day they get by way labor of all kind. While farmers labor gets Rs. 80 to 200 minimum according to their skill. The figure you must be giving might there in the states like UP, Bihar, Orissa and even west Bengal also. WB was one of the prosperous state earlier and Kolkata prosperous city even after independence, what happened? Communists ruled for more than 25 years what happened, things more worsened. They have ruined the state by enforcing labor unions. The key reason for govt. employees inefficiency is their job securities. This securities make them lazy and lethargic. We give examples of Japan, China for their remarkable progress in short span. Why? Because of their efficiency and loyal to their employer. They don't have labor unions. If anybody does not work with efficiency and discipline, they should allowed to fired off.

When overall interest rate were reduced so accordingly PF interest rate must be reduced. But, communists did not allow it. Why? In PF list there are 10/12% or maximum 15% people are their of the total population. By not reducing PF interest rate, you are giving injustice to remaining 85% of the population. Just answer me this question. Don't ignore it. Rigid communist mind will never understand this. And also those in the PF list are getting best salary and job securities than rest of the people. So, why should they be treated specially.

It is surprising that you praise license raj. It was there for 45 years, but the things improved during the period? No. it has more or less worsened. Since it was biggest hindrance for new technological industrialization. Only Tata, Birla and other few industrialist were having monopoly. When the things becomes free, competitiveness comes and this competitiveness will lead to progress.

East-West and North-South four lane corridor along with their link to town and villages were initiated and started at rapid pace by NDA govt. which was practically stopped when UPA came to power. Better roads is useful which you have also agreed so nothing to say about it. The real root based progress is to build infrastructure like Roads, Power, Ports, Airports development and first priority of fund allotment should be for these purpose and not the schemes you have mentioned. You have well said these schemes are good if properly implemented. That is the main problem of proper implementation. Our corrupt and inefficient system will not allow proper implementation and it will be wastage of money. By giving such assurance to people, you make them lazy and inefficient. When you put the same money for infrastructure development with the private partners, your money will have definitely appreciation in the long run. This is the root development and in long run even poor people also get benefit out of it. Please think deeply in this and than reply, don't think this in the eye of communist since they never understand root based development and will not come out of their rigid thoughts.

Well said by you, one should put state above their family and that is Nationalism, where we are lacking. When I am saying Vande Matram should sing, means not necessarily the same song, but any of such kind can be made compulsory at school level, but I am sure pseudo-secularist will not allow it. You are talking sometime like child. Every one can understand that where you have borne you will be citizen or having nationality of that country. Understand the difference between nationality and nationalism (deshdaz, deshprem).

Nuclear agreement is necessary since our existing nuclear power plants required fuel like Uranium and without that they would have been scrapped. New nuclear power plant viability is the next issue. If it is not viable, definitely one should not go for it.

You say that "Patel suspected that Muslims would not be loyal to India post partition". I think vision of Patel unfortunately proved to be right if he told like that. I did not find in History any of such statement. Please give me book reference if you find it. Today, many Muslim individual or family are giving mental/physical support to terrorist activities. May be operated and planned from outside India, but without local support it can not be executed. I think you will agree with this simple fact. I am not blaming whole community and my many Muslim friends are there and they condemn the terror attacks whenever took place.

Nehru has taken unanimous decision of taking Kashmir issue in UN and almost whole cabinet was not agreed with it. He proved totally wrong in this decision. At that time if he would have given free hand to Patel, I am sure Kashmir problem would have been resolved permanently. There is no question of Hindu version of Pakistan to be happen since Hindus are peace loving since ancient time and that is the reason Muslim and British were ruled over them for long time. Among the entire ancient King and today's politician only Akbar was the real secular King and I salute him.

Without leader ship quality, one can not rule for 17 years and so I described her as great leader. She could be able to materialize 1971 war because at that time we have full backing of Russia and considered as super power at that time. Which is not possible at today's time, since US has his own interest in Pakistan will never allow India for war. This is the reason both NDA and now UPA could not attack on Pakistan, though they both were keen to do so. On the winning track in 1971, she could have easily captured POK back to India, but she did not do the reason god knows may be vote bank politics I don't know, but there is much possibility is like that.

No body concerned for sensex. Once the economy and GDP is on track, sensex bound to go upword by way of natural law. One should not bother for it. If industrialization along with infrastructural development is going on GDP will also be on the track.

By giving free power, rice at Rs. 3.00 per kg, these all gimmicks are for vote bank and money making process by way of corruption. BJP by adopting such schemes (may be due to compulsion) making mistake. I have already told you earlier that such schemes are wastage of money due to lack in proper implemtation and corrupted system. Please think twice before putting any argument, if you want root based development, you have to adopt infrastructural development on war foot base.

Madhya Pradesh CM scheme is welcome scheme and such innovative idea whoever does should be implemented immediately. Free education for Girl is there in Gujarat since more than 10 years. May be about 15 years.

Mallika Sarabhai identity is that she is daughter of great scientist Dr. Vikram Sarabhai coming from ultra rich family. It's surprising that many encouraging her against veteran leader like Advani. She is only rich class goons, supporter of anti Gujarat activist like Megha Patker, one of the pseudo-secularist and most selfish lady. I give salute to her for her dancing ability, but not at all social activists. She uses their money power for social activity to become popular in the high society and not doing any real grass root level social work.

thanks
Bipin