[Reader-list] National wastage system.?

subhrodip sengupta sub_sengupta at yahoo.co.in
Sun May 3 18:49:58 IST 2009

Dear all,
          Lets briefly investigate into Security matters. What I'd call security for whom. There is a clear class-bias while provision of security is concerned. Thus Security is of two types- eye-wash security and high-profile security, eg security provided or that used to be provided at metro stations and still is, and for the genuine one, lets say PM's personal security. Rightly such ventures are an account to increase production and leave consumption intact( solve economic problems without dwelving deep into endowments), this is indeed a case for increased millitary expenses, loot,destroying peace etc.  But here is my point to all the nation chauvinists who would typically brush away such issues as anarchic and attempting to reduce security cover of the Nation and it's people:
The people, whom I recognise never benifit or are being protected, it's an eyewash, and an excuse to beef up security for the have's those who get it anyway, to make them feel fearless at the cost of thousand innocent people of the street, whom I count as the people of this nation, (who clearly do not matter to the agencies, except when on plunder!). One might check out the city streets places where fool proof checking is carried out, why when and how. It's either to protect Capital of state or VVIP's at there home functions etc. Everyplace else it's an eye-wash, to prevent stampede, rampage or bring in more discpline among people. With Nic's I do not expect stronger checking at every plavce or vigilance to be beefed up. The obvious benificiary will be members of upper buergois and ruling class. I have not yet forgotten the M.C. Sharma death at Batla house( the reader is referred to Batla house encounter case) where it was claimed that there do exist
 people in police and intelligence who can make out over the phone the difference between a Bangladeshi mulsim, an Indian one and a Pakistani muslim. Then why bother about NIC and not spend some more on training up more such peopple, which is clearly inefficient in providing security. Or Mr Advani or Chidambaram might clarify if this were a bluff? So security endangered( creating retaliat
ory feelings and gestures) for the common man? Well this poor species has always been put at the recieving end of any distribution system. And as far as protection of information and e-security is concerned let me remind you, that the PMO's official mailing system was infected by a Virus, or may be a Zombie for four months two months ago!
Well the question is with two alternative rulers having got mad in showing strength and harshness, who might stop it, how or on what grounds? Reminds me of an evening time imagery to be read with Cofee or snacks!
Regards,
       Subhrodip.