[Reader-list] Arundhati Roy in Karachi

Kshmendra Kaul kshmendra2005 at yahoo.com
Mon May 18 20:00:08 IST 2009

Dear Inder

1. When I wrote "AR does not want her 'Taliban Boy' dealt with", it was directly taken from the words ascribed to AR " Unless we deal with that factory, dealing with the boy does not help us"

So, do not ask me but ask AR what she meant by "dealing with the boy". Ask yourself why your interpreted "dealing with" in the manner you did.

Do not credit authorship to me for your own inferences and extractions of meanings. Your delusional interpretations or suspicions about "nuances" are a product of your mind alone. If your mind is delicately balanced on the thin edge of your own pre-concieved notions (about others), pre-judgements and suspicions then it will topple down into any depths of making unethical statements.

I was not 'reflecting' upon anything. I asked a simple question that if AR does not want her "Taliban Boy" to be "dealt with" and wants to first go about understanding the Taliban-Factory, what does she propose should be done about the "Taliban Boy" in the meantime. Should we ask the "Taliban Boy" in the meantime to " kill some more; behead some more; rape some more?"

You seem to have missed out on the crux of my criticism of AR "NO SOLUTIONS TO OFFER":

"""A rebel with many causes to whine about with no solutions to offer. Since her grip on realities is uncertain, all that she can indulge in is vague intellectualising. That has always been in demand. Greater the obtuseness, easier it is to be highly thought of by unthinking minds."""""

2. You can 'tease' as much as you want if that what you get your kicks from. It does not bother me. What does bother me is your (seemingly malicious) habit of misrepresenting another person's words.

3. You are free to tell me that I myself cannot 'find the obvious' in what I myself speak about. You are free to don the robes of Mind-Reader, Diviner and Prophet. Look within yourself too.

4. Very frankly I do not much care for your 'deep regards' and 'respect' for whichever facet of mine. I would value it only if I respected your honesty (irrespective of whether we agreed or disagreed in our comments on topics and issues).

Kshmendra