[Reader-list] 'What Is Eve Teasing?' - Opinion Poll Results

Chandni Parekh chandni.parekh at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 20:28:31 IST 2009

"My assumption is that you think the women don't have the freedom to act.
But if it's wrong, I am sorry and then there is no difference."

I strongly believe that all of us, men and women, have the freedom to do
whatever we want to do. This is something I believe in about life in
general. The 'you-don't-have-to-but-you-choose-to-do-it' philosophy, so to
speak.

With respect to the criteria I listed to label an act as harassment, think
of it this way: A woman isn't asked whether she can be touched or called 'hi
sexy' before those acts occur, right? She doesn't have the freedom to choose
and pick the way the man can behave with her.

She does, of course, have the freedom to put him in jail or yell at him or
whatever else after the act has occurred.

Hope the context in which I used 'freedom to act' there is clearer.

Chandni