[Reader-list] Love Jihad- A New Phrase Being Added to Lexicon of Hate Politics!

Sudeep K S sudeep.ks at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 15:02:25 IST 2009

Dear Rakesh, Shuddha and others,

What I see in this whole 'love jihad' episode is just plain envy.

As per Indian concepts, the women (and men) find Muslims more handsome. Some
women even go on to marry Muslims, and some even become Muslims. How can the
Hindu men tolerate all this nonsense?

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 7:21 PM, Rakesh Iyer <rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Shuddha
>
> I wish that love-jihad would have been just a move whereby zealots would
> have been proving that their own religion is superior and propagating love,
> but it's simply an epitome of an impending disaster as I see it, and here's
> why:
>
> 1) First of all, this love-jihad stories are coming out of Kerala and
> Karnataka. One parent has already filed case of his daughter having
> possibly
> been abducted or seduced by someone who is a Muslim and with the
> possibility
> of her being converted to Muslim, and the girl and her sons/daughters being
> used for Jihad.

    Oh that is a very valid point. As if any father or mother would tolerate
their daughter falling in love with a Muslim. (Unless of course, that Muslim
is Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan or Saif Ali Khan. I don't know if their
in-laws have really had an issue!)

   Had it been someone from outside one's caste, one could have just beaten
them up if they had enough man power.

> Frankly, I don't see what's good in that.

    And frankly, I don't see what is bad in that.

> Even if the situation were
> reversed and a Muslim girl were attending RSS shakhas or even Sri Rama
> Senas
> and doing what allegedly Pragya Singh has done, it could simply be an
> impending disaster we are looking at.

    Thankfully, Muslim girls have not lost all their senses!

And this would lead to even riots of a
> more convoluted and distressing kind, for now there would be easily riots
> sparked everywhere in the name of 'seducing other people's girls'.

    Yes that precisely seems to be the aim of the Hindu outfits who are
making this an issue.

> By the way, Shuddha, you may take a look at the propaganda VHP used in
> Gujarat prior to 2002 pogrom, to know what subsequently happened. One of
> the
> VHP's propaganda was that the Muslims simply abduct Hindu girls, convert
> them to Islam forcibly, and increase their population through this method.
> The end result is that irrespective of whether Modi loses or not, everybody
> knows there is hardly any remorse left for the butchering of Muslims in
> post-Godhra violence, among the majority of Gujarati civil society.

    Is that some kind of a veiled threat? That "Remember what happened in
Gujarat -- this is what you would get if we ignore such hate propaganda by
VHP and the likes"?

2) The love jihad focuses on only seducing women of different religions.
> Where does this love jihad go when trying to seduce men of different
> religions?

   How do you know this for sure? This statement comes from the assumption
that there is organized, planned seduction of women that happens as part of
a jihad, which itself sounds entirely baseless to me.

> The fact is that in a patriarchal society like India, where the girl is
> considered a symbol of 'izzat' or honor, this is what is going to happen,
> whereby any kind of love-jihad is going to focus on only seducing girls.
> There certainly is not going to be any seduction of boys.

    Yes -- It does not take a Ph.D. to understand how the love jihad hulla
is all about "seducing women and making them convert".  This allegation is
not only anti-Muslim but it is also also extremely anti-women, as it is
under the presumption that women are objects who can be seduced, converted,
raped or whatever.

What's more, the same boy may now be seducing more and more girls to
> propagate jihad. Is this the love you are supporting? And tomorrow if the
> women were to act as suicide bombers, whose cause will that serve?

    You really seem to be really knowledgable about this whole business,
boss. I think you should give your valuable data to police or judiciary
rather than sit here and send these mails!

   [Read this one also: The ‘Love Jehad’ that
wasn’t<http://beta.thehindu.com/news/national/article37866.ece#>:
*"It is about the disappearance of Anitha, of Bantwal, Dakshina Kannada, who
was supposed to have been abducted by love jeahadis and was at the centre of
Sangh Parivar campaign. She was alleged to be among the 3000 Hindu girls who
fell to the jehadis.

The Dakshina Kannada police have discovered that she fell victim to the love
jehad of a person called Mohan kumar, a serial killer, who is responsible
for the murder of 19 girls from the Kasaroge- S.Kananda districts.

It is reported by police that this man has been abducting women with offer
of marriage and after raping them killed them offering cyanide tablets that
was supposed to be for avoiding pregnancy."*]

   Regards
   Sudeep