[Reader-list] Fwd: [YSC] Little Indians

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 08:33:49 IST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nityanand Jayaraman <nity68.new at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 8:26 AM
Subject: [YSC] Little Indians
To: youthforsocialchange at googlegroups.com, acjenvironment2009 <
acjenvironment2009 at googlegroups.com>

 * Little Indians.
--------------
*
Millions of little Indians, Hindus Muslims and others
for them no law, no land, no fathers mothers brothers.

They slave in little tea shops, they beg along the road,
they sleep upon their little feet, they have no bed, no board.

Government makes new budgets of which they are no part.
Governments feed on government grants, they eat their little heart.

The rich perform ablutions to please the gods above;
the gods return their favours and increase their treasure trove.

Little Indians find employment in hell holes we call factories;
their lungs fill up with poison gas, government collects the taxes.

Some little Indians go to public school in bus or car or jeep;
a million others look for food in wayside garbage heap.

Their schools are in Government file, their meals are part of Plan,
but when nation needs an atom bomb, they eat whatever they can.

Little Indians, they are taught to sing 'mera bharat mahan';
Little Indians wipe their hunted eyes - they wonder what is on.

-- Badri Raina.

.........................................................................--
.Arun Khote
On behalf of
Dalits Media Watch Team
(An initiative of “Peoples Media Advocacy & Resource Centre-PMARC”)
Peoples Media Advocacy & Resource Centre- PMARC has been initiated with the
support from group of senior journalists, social activists, academics and
intellectuals from Dalit and civil society to advocate and facilitate Dalits
issues in the mainstream media. To create proper & adequate space with the
Dalit perspective in the mainstream media national/ International on Dalit
issues is primary objective of the PMARC.

 Visit web site <http://dgroups.org/groups/PMARC>
The email is intended only for the recipients. The owners of the Dgroups
cannot be held responsible for the contents of the email message.

you're totally cool.

But, hey - we can't all be cool ALL the time. So if you'd like to be removed
from the list, you can
do so yourself. Simply send ANY message to
icjb-planning-unsubscribe at lists.studentsforbhopal.org.

If you're curious about list information and functions (though I can't
imagine who would be) you
can read all about them (oh, joy!) at
http://lists.studentsforbhopal.org/lists/info/icjb-planning.

Justice for Bhopal!