[Reader-list] Fwd: "Muslims must quit UK armed forces"

anupam chakravartty c.anupam at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 20:03:36 IST 2009

Dear Kshmendra,

There is no point in arguing about this. It is unfortunate you readily
accept the excesses made by the Americans and British present in South
Asia and other parts but you are not comfortable when someone from
Iran makes a statement through an interview initiated by the newspaper
itself. The question of interference versus opinion comes up here. If
i go by your virtues of interference and international treaties and
who should speak and who should not speak, should I not call your
opinions or mine to have no bearing on any of these events? what made
you post this particular news item on this list Kshmendra? The answer
to that depends on the precise world view that you have and that I
have, if i were get a little personal on this reply. It looks like
there is a deliberate attempt on your part to ignore the
Energy-Security-Terror conflict in this region and make it seem more
like a religious crusade (just an observation from the type of
arguments that you have been posting here). Must I not say that you
want the same things as or what fundamental islamists want to
establish -- that the fight is about my religion (though you may be on
the other extreme of the conflict).

I do respect the sovereignty of US like i respect that of Tibet, so I
would not like be to lectured about mixing up religion and a country.
I condemn the acts in Iran but I also condemn the acts in Afghanistan
and Iraq by all the stakeholders, be it the islamist or the americans.
there are people above these labels. would you like accept that as a
fact or is it too cliched fro you?

- with warm regards
Anupam