[Reader-list] Fw: 'What Is Eve Teasing?' - Opinion Poll Results

Jasmeen Patheja machleetank at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 18:40:39 IST 2009

Hello A.K Malik

The message is meant for anyone who reads it and most importantly for the
one wearing it.
What is going to be achieved is tough to answer in tangible terms. It
hopefully reminds the wearer or the reader to walk without fear, without a
sense of threat.
Some of the Blank Noise Action Heroes( women who have participated in street
actions / events) who now deliberately, slowly, walk right in the middle of
the pavement and they get their space as well, because they are not walking
with the idea that they don't 'belong' in the public. These conversations
inspired the Step by Step Guide to Unapologetic Walking.

Thank you for your suggestion on working with males. If you have specific
ideas as to 'how' , do share them. http://bnguy.blanknoise.org/

Best wishes,
Jasmeen