[Reader-list] Write for Urban Education Journal, Univ of Pennsylvania

Chintan chintangirishmodi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 11:26:12 IST 2009

*Volume 7, Issue 2 – "International Perspectives on Urban Education"*

Penn GSE Perspectives on Urban Education Journal is now accepting
submissions for an upcoming issue entitled International Perspectives on
Urban Education. This issue will highlight perceptions, programs, and
experiences in urban education around the globe. We invite submissions that
build upon any of the following ideas: How do urban schools vary in
different contexts? How has globalization/internationalization shaped and
altered urban education in recent years? How have schools around the world
been affected by and responded to patterns of migration from rural to urban
areas? Are there pedagogical approaches and curricular resources that are
specifically useful in these new contexts? How will schools assume the
responsibility of preparing students to understand global issues and develop
fluency in multiple languages? In relation to these questions, what is the
role of American and British schools in this new "globalized" world? The
above list of guiding questions is not exhaustive, and authors are
encouraged to consult with the editors regarding preliminary ideas.

We encourage researchers, graduate students, practitioners, policy makers,
and youth to publish studies in progress, as well as findings from completed
research and reflections on practice. We also welcome submissions that
present content in creative ways through multimedia formats. Submissions
must follow the style outlined in the Publication Manual of the American
Psychological Association (2009, 6th edition). Please complete the
submission form found on our website and e-mail it along with your
submission to journal at gse.upenn.edu.

*Due date: January 31, 2010*
 To know more about the journal, check out http://www.urbanedjournal.org/