[Reader-list] Tibet: Voices in Exile - Inviting Essays and Poems by Tibetans

Chintan chintangirishmodi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 19:29:49 IST 2009

>From http://www.furhhdl.org/retibet-voices+in+exile

*THE FOUNDATION FOR UNIVERSAL RESPONSIBILITY*
*of His Holiness The Dalai Lama*

*invites contributions for a book *

*TIBET: VOICES IN EXILE *

*to be published by a major international publisher*

We are looking for personal narratives and perspectives from Tibetans in
exile in India
and overseas. These could cover any concern, issue, reflection, memory or
dreams
exploring experiences, or predicaments that are personal, social or
political. Authors
can explore the past, the present or the future – both personal experiences
in exile, of
the Tibet left behind or the Tibet that might be, in the future. The canvas
is wide open.
We are not looking for theoretical, academic pieces, rather those that
reflect felt
experiences and passions. We believe this has the potential to evolve into a
major
document both for the Tibetan cause and for history.

We are more interested in the sensitivity and nuances of the ideas, the
richness of the
content, rather than quality of the language or prose. All pieces selected
for publication
will be edited for clarity, if necessary, but will try and retain the
texture of the authors
writing.

We encourage contributions across different age groups, from school children
to senior
citizens, private citizens to those who have served the Tibetan Government
or
community.

Contributions will need to be in the form of essays in ENGLISH (of approx
2500 words). We will also welcome poetry.

All contributors whose pieces are selected for publication will be paid a
one time
royalty.  This will be a minimum of Rs 5000/- for prose and Rs 1000 per
poem.

We are now specifically looking for contributions on following topics:

   - More experiences from women: college, school, work & marriage as exiles

   - Stories about working life in India or abroad/ or vocations taken up by
   youth

   - Positive stories of life in India

   - Friendship/ intermarriages

   - What is the religion/ practice of the youth

   - College life for refugees/ positive stories

   - Story of some who have studied in India and settled abroad (US,
   Switzerland)

Contributions must now reach us by December 15th 2009 by email preferably as
an
attachment in word format or by mail – both hard and soft copies including
contact
details (email, mobile & phone numbers).

 *Submit your essay / poem to TIBET: Voices in Exile, Foundation for
Universal Responsibility,
Core 4 A, India Habitat Centre, Lodi Road, New Delhi - 110003. Tel: 24648450
Extn: 102
Email: furhhdl at furhhdl.org *