[Reader-list] Bird-not-free in Kashmiri folk song

Inder Salim indersalim at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 23:39:09 IST 2009

Thanks dear Jatasundri devi ji

suberbly reflected piece, and  ' sodur'
too eloquently intrepreted .

it is infact because of these liberated meanings hidden inside each
word, that we are hopeful of some change, and that is why i am not
even afraid of '  plagiarism ' , . or if i go by oscar wilde, then
only genius is privileged to plagiarize.

times are too ripe to delve into anything that strikes the mind, and
that is why this man called Zia-ud-din Nakshabi sahib was too brave
and too conscious about the the times he lived in, and yet he ventured
into the unknown. who cares about the sources, as long as the person
'haunted' churns out something interesting.

the post, as we know started with BIRD NOT FREE in kashmiri folk and
the discussioin veered into Tote Name and other nauances around
parraot and other details. That is what really is the reward of
veturing, because i never expected such a response. thanks again.

love and regards
inder salim

--

http://indersalim.livejournal.com