[Reader-list] The death of the Internet as we know it

Pheeta Ram pheeta.ram at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 21:24:29 IST 2009

I wonder how "putting a price on browsing will hurt the third world the
most" where most of the people haven't even heard of this creature. Who
browses the internet? Why and what for? If we can pay for
the internet now we would do even then even if it begins costing us an arm.
Moreover, technology has this
uncanny habit of surmounting all odds: if internet goes down as we know it,
there will be something
else, better. Internet earns more revenue in being (apparently) free than it
would by being otherwise. Logic of capital
leaves little room for this untimely lament.