[Reader-list] HelpAge India Film Festival 2009

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Wed Sep 16 11:13:37 IST 2009

HelpAge India is a registered national voluntary organisation “working
for the cause and care of disadvantaged older people and to improve
their quality of life”.  HI’s pride lies in voicing the elderly’s
concerns. It has an outreach of about 10 million of the estimated 90
million in the age group of 60 and above, or 8 per cent of the country’s
population.
To coincide with the International Day of
the Older Persons on October 1, HelpAge India will host i’mage, a film
festival to sensitise the masses about the problems and needs of the
elderly.

Since its inception in 1978, HelpAge India has defined the needs of the
elderly -- from quality healthcare, economic security, to battling
against their abuse and fears.

HI’S FOCUS AREAS ARE

•   Protection and advocacy of rights of the elderly
•   Social protection for the elderly, particularly the destitute
•   Healthcare for the elderly
•   Ensuring dignified and self-sufficient life for the elderly
•   Social inclusion
•   Shelter-care & independent existence for the elderly.

HelpAge India understands the imperatives of highlighting elderly as a
cause and audio-visuals have been among the most powerful tools of its
mandate.

I’mage is an effort, through films, to dispel myths, stereotypes and
perceptions about the elderly on the one hand, and to promote better

understanding of issues related to them and age-care on the other. For,
we believe, the elderly have a right to live with dignity. They cannot
be neglected and must have an active role in the family, community and
society. We believe the elderly are yet-to-be-tapped assets in the
social weave.

I’mage is an attempt to connect the viewers with the silver population,
their apprehensions, fears and burdens. With the film festival, HelpAge
India will highlight the need for an inter-generation environment for
the senior citizens’ cause.

HelpAge India believes that life after 60 does not mean life truncated
to make ready for the end. It’s not mere survival.  Despite the trying
process of ageing, it’s about culmination and collation of experiences,
with self-assurance, self-confidence and even, independence.

It is about inclusive ageing. It’s about, after 60, still having miles
to go.

i’mage
Film Festival on the elderly
Call for entry  Last date : September 20, 2009
Objective
i’mage - To create awareness and sensitise the masses about the problems
and needs of the elderly. The most common problems that the elderly face
are isolation, neglect, failing health, fear, abuse, loss of control.
The films should be able to highlight the issues related to one or more
of these problems with which the older people have to struggle in
everyday life.
 The films should also aim at finding solutions to the
problems.
Film Festival will be organized in Delhi.
Rules and Regulations
•   The Festival is open to students, independent filmmakers,
organisations working in India and abroad, amateurs and professionals.
•   The entries can be animation, live action or both, and documentary.
•   The production can be either in Film/Video or Digital format, but the
entries should be submitted in DVD format only.
•   English subtitles/captioning are a must even if the language of the
film itself is English.
•   In case you are willing to send more than one entry, separate entry
forms will have to be filled.
•   You can send a maximum of three entries.
•   Films accompanied by incomplete forms will not be considered for
selection.
•   Last date for submission of films is  September 20, 2009
Entries are invited for films on elderly in the following categories:-

Category
1.   Upto 30 Minute                2.   Upto 45 Minute            3.
Upto 60 Minute
Address for communication
The Director – Film Festival
HelpAge India
C-14, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi– 110016
Ph: 011 41688955-56
E-mail: headoffice at helpageindia.org
For Details contact :
The Co ordinator, 9899472065, email: helpageindiafilmfest at gmail.com
Submission Requirements

1.  All films and documentaries invited to the festival must
 arrive not
later than 4:30 p.m. on September 20, 2009 on the address for
communication, mentioned above.  All entries that arrive after the
deadline are not valid for this year’s festival.

2.  Selection of films for the festival will be made by a specially
constituted jury/festival committee. All filmmakers will be notified of
acceptance via e-mail as soon as possible.

3.  If the ownership of a work is transferred to a successor after the
selection has been made, the successor’s permission for the film to take
part in the competition will have to be conveyed to the festival.

4.  Attendance of filmmaker at the festival is not mandatory, but we
would be happy to welcome you at the film festival and will offer free
festival passes to all filmmakers with films in competition.

5.  In case of legal proceedings, jurisdiction of Delhi courts will
apply.

ENTRY FORM

1   THE FILM
1.1 Title  of the Film in the original language

1.2 Title of the Film in English

1.3 Original Language of the film
Whether subtitled in English
Whether subtitled in Hindi
   Yes                             No
   Yes                             No
1.4 Date of Production
1.5         Running time in minutes
1.6 Category of Film/Documentary=2
0       1.  Upto 30 Minute
2.  Upto 45 Minute
3.  Upto 60 Minute
1.7 Other Festivals in which the film has participated, with years
(Please attach a separate sheet, if necessary)
1.8 Prizes and Awards won, if any (Please  attach a separate sheet, if
necessary)
2.  PRODUCTION
2.1  Producer of the Film
                 Address
                 Telephone/Fax
2.2 Production Organization
                 Address
                 Telephone/Fax
3   AUTHORS/TECHNICIANS
3.1 Director
         Address
         Telephone/Fax:/E-mail
3.2 Summary of Film

4.  CAST
4.1 Leading actors/actresses    Names
Acting Roles

5   DOCUMENTATION
5.1 The synopsis in English : 2 copies
5.2 Stills from the film :  2 sets
5.3 Posters : At least two, if any
5.4 Where the film should be sent after the festival
    Name

Address

Telephone/Fax

FILMMAKER AGREEMENT
This is to certify that I/we, ____________________________ am/are
applying to the Film Festival on elderly scheduled during October, 2009
at various cities of India after accepting all conditions and
requirements. I/we certify that my/our film is eligible for this
festival and that I am/we are aware of the restrictions=2
0that apply.   I
am we are aware that I/we will not be able to withdraw my/our film, if
accepted.

I/we understand that it is my/our responsibility to provide a synopsis,
required press kit and photographs etc. with film still and any printed
materials related to the film.

The information provided in this form is true and accurate.

        Place:

             Signature: (*)
        Seal:

            Name:

Address:                                                        Telephone/Fax:

                            Email:

The entries must meet the following criteria:
•   films must be subtitled in English and/or Hindi
•   film rights must be secured
   CHECKLIST
•   Completed Application Form
•   Film synopsis (100 words) and all printed materials pertaining to the
film.
•   Press kit including cast and crew credit, press release, and
reviews(if possible)
•   2 Screener copies - DVD or CD (PAL Format)
Films will not be considered unless complete information has been
received.