[Reader-list] "If India refuses talks, it would have consequences"

anupam chakravartty c.anupam at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 16:35:41 IST 2009

there are two possibilities here Rahul:

1. You dont know what you are talking about.
2. I dont know what i am talking about.

Second option being rather close to me, I would say, by citing the
threat perception of the Israelis through a news report about possible
strikes by terrorists in India, the assumption that there might be
attacks was already established even before i started commenting on
it. To add to that, i had questioned whether the idea of issuing
warnings to its own civilians while visiting is a contradiction as
Israel has proposed investments in India. You have very clearly said
that you saw no connection between the two. I differed on that aspect
citing a hypothetical example to which you did not reply but instead
you said: "You are making two assumptions:
1. There is going to be a series of attacks.
2.It is going to affect business significantly."

The first assumption was already in place. I only asked if Israelis
are gambling big time by investing in India for which it has issued
according to the BBC report:

"The Israeli statement said the planned attacks could target other
Lubavitch centres in India.The warning was based on "a concrete, very
serious threat", it said."

Therefore, I have NOT assumed anything. I have just questioned these warnings.

Thanks for patiently reading the mail,

Anupam