[Reader-list] NAXAL/MOIST BRUTAL TERROR

Bipin Trivedi aliens at dataone.in
Fri Apr 9 18:05:40 IST 2010

Dear Sir,

Regarding recent Moist attack, I am no authority for such matter and I have
never visited Moist effected area, but trying to give my opinion honestly
what I feel.

I remember on earlier days, when dacoit (dakkos) in Chambal and other such
areas were there and somewhere in 1980's they came back to society for
normal living. At that time respected state govt. and some NGO's engaged in
dialogue with dakoos and convinced them for their un-societal act and if
they surrender their arms, promised to give alternatives for earning and
also promised to freed from court cases. They realize about their act not
good for society and started living normal life. Such approach is necessary
today in large scale in Naxal affected states.

To kill about 76 CRPF personnel is as condemnable as we condemn terror
attack. Yes, Maoist or Naxals are no doubt Indian citizens, this does not
mean they got license to kill other Indians. Actually after stiff opposition
from Maoist and (Maoist well-wisher?) earlier, govt. remove army and put
CRPF. To remove army, is also part of negotiation and govt. compromise that
way.  Central Reserve Police Force, as the name suggests that they are
reserve force and not actually trained for such emergency situation. Even
they were not at all aware with that area. It was totally new area for them.
They don't have even sufficient arms/amenities required for the purpose, so
how can you expect retaliation from them. On the other side, Maoist are well
equipped with latest arms, fully aware of the area, well planned for attack
as they were hide earlier only behind and over the trees in dense forest.

Of course negotiations are the best way to solve their problem and in my
knowledge govt. has negotiated earlier with them to solve their problems but
somehow could not satisfy Moist fully. There is no amicable solution for any
problem which satisfied both the side fully. One has to compromise some way
or other. Tribal problem can be solved by implementing amicable land reform
which benefits them. On other side, we want development also which give
employment to them. Combining both the things, govt. must decide according
to the situation by taking local people into confidence. Sometimes tribal or
local people attitude plays the key role, since they don't want to come out
from their tradition and want to remain as it is without changing
themselves.

Also, what I feel that tribal not supporting Maoist by heart but they forced
to support with gun on their head. This is what I heard in the talk show by
one of the tribal leader. Same way as in J&K, where people with fear
supporting separatists there.

Political parties must come out of vote bank politics, since it is also
biggest hindrance to fight with them. Earlier to defeat Chandrababu,
congress took support of Naxals openly and came back to power. Left soft
corner to Maoist are well known. Similarly, some CM not attending the
meeting of Maoist effected states arranged by govt. perhaps to save their
vote bank. With such attitude, we cannot fight this evil.

Thanks

Bipin