[Reader-list] Kashmir BURNS but whose goin2go2Ladakh

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 21:52:11 IST 2010

Dear Reyhan

Let not the tragedy of Ladakh be mixed with Kashmir.And to my knowledge or
intuition, there would be not a member on this forum who would not be in
solidarity with the victims of Ladakh. But please, I request you not to mix
the issues to state that Kashmiris have no concern for Ladakh, or that
Indian people have no concern for Ladakh.

And I also hope that we are able to get Ladakh to a semblance of normality
(the semblance is all we can hope for, as the people have lost their lives,
loved ones, and all they would have valued, or much of it), and able to help
them restore their lives in as best possible a manner as we can for them.
(By we, I mean the Indian state, for here I am in solidarity with it in this
initiative).

But please, let's not mix Kashmir with Ladakh.

Rakesh