[Reader-list] URGENT Call for Aid: Recent Floods in Pakistan- worse than tsunami, Pakistan and Haiti quakes: UN

yasir ~يا سر yasir.media at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 00:48:55 IST 2010

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=451097122802&id=519796991&ref=mf

Following is alist of donation links, NGO's, relief resources, organizations
and individuals working to support flood victims of Pakistan.

If you are willing to contribute, or know somebody who can help, please
contact the following:

Charity Organizations in Pakistan:

Al-Khidmat Foundation:
Donate here: http://al-khidmatfoundation.org/donate-here.php

Edhi Foundation: Donate here: http://www.edhifoundation.com/contact.asp

Sarhad Rural Support Programme

Concerned citizens based in Lahore are collecting relief items for the
Sarhad Rural Support Programme, the largest NGO in the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa
province. SRSP's experience and size make it the most suitable choice for
donations at this time. They are a part of the Rural Support Programmes
Network (rspn.org), founded by Shoaib Sultan Khan, who was nominated for the
2009 Nobel Peace Prize (along with President Obama and others).

People may make donations directly to SRSP, write crossed cheques to us in
favor of SRSP or donate relief goods directly to them (which will then be
loaded on to trucks headed for SRSP warehouses in Peshawar. People are also
welcome to join in the effort of loading the trucks and actually making the
trip to the affected areas to see the profound difference their generosity
makes in the lives of so many.

The link to their Facebook page is :
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=120053684708340

Contacy: Umar Agha. Cell: 0321 842-2425 and email: ua2121 at columbia.edu

Maymar Trust

To donate a ( 10 x 10) tent for a family: Rs. 12,000
A huge tent ( 14 x 14) for a few families: Rs. 5,000
A tent for a mosque ( 30 x 30) : Rs. 30,000
Gas Cylinder: Rs. 900
Generator: Rs. 80,000
Food: 8,000/-for one month
Medical Supplies: Rs.20 to 25,000/- ( for one day )
Beds and bedding: 300 per bed
Plastic Tirpal ( shade)( 4 x6) : Rs.900/-
Donate here:
Account Title: Muhammad Faisal
A/c No: 011802008000265
Meezan Bank/ Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi.

Or

A/C Title: Tariq Manzoor
0118994011000621
Muslim Commercial Bank
Branch Code: 1555

Omar Asghar Khan Development Foundation

see: http://www.oakdf.org.pk/

Here is the information required to make a donation:

Title of Account: Omar Asghar Khan Development Foundation
Account #: 0030445261000455
Name of Bank: MCB Bank (1028), Super Market, Islamabad-Pakistan
Swift Code: MUCBPKKAMCC
Tax Exemption: 6043/ATD/2008-09

Sungi:

Donate here: http://sungi.org/emergency_donations_contact_information.html

Pakistan Red Crescent Society:

PRCS has offices in Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi, Peshawar, Quetta and
Muzaffarabad. Please see: http://www.prcs.org.pk/help.asp

Pakistani Youth:

Please see:http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=140364565986483&ref=mf

An independent group of students:
see: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=147776388569606&ref=nf

The Volunteers/ Voice of the Civil Society:

VOTCS with the help of our Pak Army jawans will be sending Provisions to the
affectees. VOTCS is now a registered (No. DSW 3369-K) welfare organization
in Pakistan, and is operating as a Non-Profit, Public Charity in the North
America, Inc. - 501(C)(3) Organization(Tax Exempted)

HABIB BANK LIMITED ACCOUNT NO IS 1549-79001393-03

For more info call:

Hadia khan at 03018245999
Sadia Haroon at 03218251122
Irum Farooque at 03002332142
Samina Punjwani@ 786-367-6559
begin_of_the_skype_highlighting786-367-6559end_of_the_skype_highlighting
begin_of_the_skype_highlighting786-367-6559end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Miami Florida

RONAQ-E-QAINAAT

Young doctors are in the process of arranging a series of free medical camps
in the flood affected areas. First Camp is at Nowshera.
Please Contact Ms. Alina Akhyar at alinaakhyar at yahoo.com, who will email you
the Trust’s past activities, bank account details and other queries. They
have already done some pretty impressive work.

Account number: 00400101065364
account title: Khadija Nadeem
Askari Bank
Chaklala Scheme 3 branch
Rawalpindi,

Khadija is the founding member and handling all donations.

International Charity Organizations:

Trocaire (an Irish NGO that's funding Noor Education Trust, Rural
Development Project and Pakistan Village Development Program):

Trócaire has already launched an emergency appeal and committed €200,000 to
help families and communities in the north west of the country.

In Peshawar district, one of the worst affected areas, Trócaire's partners
have already begun working in 4 villages where 10,000 people need food,
water and support.

Trócaire has been working in Pakistan for over 20 years, making it well
placed to respond quickly to this disaster and get help quickly to where
it's needed most.

Cecil Dunne, Pakistan emergency officer says the situation is really
desperate for over thousands of families who have been forced from their
homes. “This is a terrible situation for families and communities who only a
year ago had their lives turned upside down by widespread violence in this
area and now they are on the run again from flooding. The thing is that the
monsoon season hasn’t even started yet so people here are very vulnerable
and need immediate help.”

To donate: https://www.trocaire.org/make-a-donation

http://www.trocaire.org/resources/news/2010/08/01/responding-floods-pakistan

Islamic Relief USA: Donate here:
http://www.islamicreliefusa.org/Page.aspx?pid=463

UNHCR: Donate here:
http://www.unhcr.org/emergency/pakistan/global_landing.html

You can also mail your donations to UNHCR:

UNHCR
Private Sector Fundraising
Case Postale 2500
CH-1211 Genève 2 Dépôt
Switzerland

UNHCR Canada: https://www.strategicprofitsinc.com/hosted/unhcr/index_s.php

UNICEF USA- Donate Here:
https://secure.unicefusa.org/site/Donation2?idb=784883377&df_id=1661&1661.donation=form1&JServSessionIdr010=vmk328n351.app17b

United Nation’s World Food Programme: Donations are tax deductible for
number of countries. Donate here:
https://secure.my-websites.org/supporter/donatenow.do?n=gbss&dfdbid=1044253

Plan International ( Pakistan specific):
https://secure.my-websites.org/supporter/donatenow.do?n=gbss&dfdbid=1044253

IRC (The International Rescue Committee):
donate here:
http://www.theirc.org/news/irc-team-responds-devastating-floods-pakistan

Islamic Help (England): You can make a cheque/postal order made payable to
‘Islamic Help’ and send it to:

Islamic Help 19 Ombersley Road Balsall Heath Birmingham B12 8UR

Please do not send cash in the post and please do not forget to write your
name and address on a piece of paper.

Bank: You can put money directly in their bank account

Name: Islamic Help
Bank: HSBC

Account No: 41687425
Sort Code: 40-42-12

If you are in a country other than the UK, you can go into any bank in the
world and quote the following International Bank Account:

Number (IBAN) and Branch Identifier Code (BIC)
IBAN: GB 72 MIDL 404212 41687425
BIC: MIDL GB 2155 G

Muslim Aid (England): Send a cheque or postal order made payable to ‘Muslim
Aid’, together with a note of your name and address to:

Muslim Aid, P O Box 3, London, E1 1WP

Donate directly to their bank account:

Name of the Muslim Aid Bank: LLOYDS TSB
Address of the Muslim Aid Bank:
LLOYDSTSB BANK PLC
HIGHBURY CORNER
31 HOLLOWAY CORNER
LONDON N7 8JU
SWIFT/BIC/CODE (OUTSIDE UK): LOYDGB 21180

To donate in pound sterling £
Name of the account: MUSLIM AID-DONATION AC
Sort code: 30-94-21
Account number: 01436818
Iban (outside UK): GB25 LOYD 3094 2101 436818

To donate in euros
Name of the account: MUSLIM AID- EURO AC
Sort code: 30-94-21
Account number: 86151365
Iban (outside UK): GB42 LOYD 3094 2186 151365

To donate in dollars $
Name of the account: MUSLIM AID-DOLLAR AC
Sort code: 30-94-21
Account number: 12044226
Iban (outside UK): GB75 LOYD 3094 2112 044226

Muslims Hands:
NGO in England. Donate Here:
http://www.muslimhands.org/en/gb/appeals/pakistan_flood_crisis/

Save the Children:
http://www.savethechildren.org/newsroom/2010/help-families-pakistan-flooding.html?WT.mc_id=gg_e_np&gclid=CPPaxOHml6MCFQG3sgodyU0dow&WT.srch=1

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 1:24 PM, ponni arasu <mailponni at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> The floods in Pakistan seem to have had effects much worse than many of
the
> recent natural disasters (
> http://www.thenews.com.pk/top_story_detail.asp?Id=30627) and yet, there is
> hardly any attention in the media or otherwise about this, least of all
here
> in India. I think it is imperative that we step up and at least do the
bare
> minimum of gathering some funds to send over. All those interested can
> contact me on this email and I can put you in touch with friends in
Pakistan