[Reader-list] Aitemaad Pakistan: call for flood relief

yasir ~يا سر yasir.media at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 01:17:10 IST 2010

fwd. very good group that i recommend. pl fwd. y

From: naeem sadiq <naeemsadiq at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 10:53 PM
Subject: Aitemaad Pakistan: call for flood relief
To: aitemaad pakistan <aitemaad at gmail.com>

Dear Friends,

Pakistan faces a great human calamity.  One tenth of its population stands
helplessly between a distant, drowned and disappeared  home on one side  and
no food, shelter or even hope on the other. The misery of  hunger , disease
and homelessness is unbearable.  They need help and they need it now.  Can
the citizens of Pakistan unite once again to respond to this great human
tragedy?

Led by Justice (Retd.) Fakhruddin G. Ebrahim a group of citizens visited
many affected districts of Sindh to take a first hand understanding of the
nature and size of the problem and its possible solutions. We come back with
a feeling that unless we as citizens put our shoulders together to create a
massive relief effort, the misery and suffering of millions would be further
compounded by each passing day. It was therefore decided to assemble under
the banner of “ Aitemaad Pakistan ” and begin immediate relief efforts which
would later also be extended to the other rehabilitation needs of the
affected people.

This is a request on behalf of ‘Aitemaad Pakistan”,  a non-government
organization, for immediate help and donations, which may be made in cash or
kind. We have created a transparent process of fund collection, need
assessment and delivery of food, water and other relief items.  This is done
by our volunteers in co-ordination with local administration and the
reliable NGOs working in the affected areas.   Our first target is to
collect and distribute  24 thousand dry ration bags, to provide
approximately two million meals. (meals for 6000 families for 4 weeks) Each
bag consists of Ata 10 kg, cooking oil 1 litres, rice 5 kg, dal 2 kg, tea
1/4 kg,  sugar 1 kg,  salt 1 packet,  chili one packet, powder milk 1 kg,
 soap 1 piece,  match box 1. The cost of each such bag is Rs.1500
approximately.

Donors could either themselves prepare bags  with items mentioned above or
make a cash or cheque contribution.  Those wishing to* volunteer their time
and services* may please contact us at :
aitemaad at gmail.com<http://mc/compose?to=aitemaad@gmail.com>

   *Other items that may be donated are,  clothing, bedsheets, 'chatais'
(mattings), hand pumps,  *
*  mosquito nets and **medicine.*

   Please send your donations to:

 *Bank Account Title:         AITEMAAD PAKISTAN TRUST*

> *Account #:              0107-036-1914*

   * Swift:                     MEZNPKKA*
*
*
*   Meezan Bank, Clifton, Karachi*

*    Office and Collection address:*

   *43/2/J, Block 6, PECHS, **Karachi**.*

*
*

*     E mail:*   aitemaad at gmail.com<http://mc/compose?to=aitemaad@gmail.com>

*Contact persons:*

*
*

Nazim Haji (0321-8220999)

Zubair Habib (0300-8260409)

Younus Dagha (0300-2021252)

Naeem Sadiq (0333-351-8539)

Nadeem Younas (0321-2526153)

Zahid Ebrahim (0333-2155840)

Fazil Bharucha (0300-8221282)

Shoaib Anwar Ali (0300-2251424)

Dr. Samrina Hashmi PMA (0333 2347623)

Dr. Sher Shah Syed PMA (0333-2156735)

~  Foreign aid is when poor people in rich countries donate cash to rich
people in poor countries.
~ Say no to bottled water and Demand clean tap water for ALL.
~ "When a cause comes along and you know in your bones that it is just, yet
refuse to defend it--at that moment you begin to die. And I have never seen
so many corpses walking around talking about justice." - Mumia Abu-Jamal
~ On fake degree holders - “The worst crime is faking it. I would rather be
hated for who I am rather than loved for who I am not”. ~ Kurt Cobain