[Reader-list] What to do with a Quran written in Saddam's blood

Javed javedmasoo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 16:29:25 IST 2010

Dear Anupam
I find it weired defending a quran written in Saddam's blood of all
the things. But if you insist, blood coagulates as early as any ink.
But the blood can also be kept in fresh/liquid form using special
containers. How do I care if this Quran in his blood is real or fake.
But I know there are people among Muslims (or any religion) who can go
to such extremes to express their faith. I am sure you are aware that
many shias take out their blood in the most grisely methods during the
Muharram to express their passion for the Karbala martyrs. So, I am
won't be surprised if the Iraqi dictator did this - whether he is a
shia or not. There is a history for such acts.
As Salim would prefer, let us end this grisly debate here.