[Reader-list] Pakistani ambassador rejected because his name is NSFW in Arabic

Javed javedmasoo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 10:13:31 IST 2010

I am sure there are hundreds of Mahalingams working in the Gulf,
especially Saudi Arabia. Wonder if they were ever asked to explain the
meaning of their names in Arabic. (No offense meant). By the way, this
Pakistani diplomat's first name is also Mian-gul, which makes the
entire name relatable to the name of someone we know from south India
- Mahalingam Pushpam... what a small world.