[Reader-list] Does the murder of Jamim Shah in Kathmandu implyanything broader?

TaraPrakash taraprakash at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 21:30:23 IST 2010

Hello Bibek. Thanks for posting to this list. And yes I am sure your mail is
well received. And here are my comments, though by no means expert:

Thus far we have nothing but the conspiracy theories to go by. It's very
likely that RAW was involved in this killing. But it is also likely that
Maoists got him killed. Since this guy was known to be having anti-India
agenda, the suspicion for his murder will naturally go towards India. Andn
Maoists can rejuvenate their support by taking usual anti-India stand and
garner some more support. Again this is just another explanation.

We may know the answer in future, or we may not. In the meanwhile, can you
inform us about Shah's views about Chinese repression in the areas where
Muslims live in large numbers. China has recently browbeaten some countries
to hand the dissidents over to them, and many of them have already been
hanged.

It might be China, and since it takes no nonsense, the government will not
allow any public opinion develop that questions China's motives. You will
remember that any country that crushed Tibbetans in 2008 as brutally as
China did, it was Nepal.

Some gangs might have got him killed for ransom, and it is not foregn to
south Asian countries.
Thugs like Chota Rajan may as easily play in the hands of RAW for money, as
they can do for others. How about some other media group?

How about ISI getting him murdered to malign and get India demonized? He was
a rich guy with sympathies towards fundamentalism, so a likely target for
CIA, Black Waters and Israel.

Best of luck investigating this matter further.