[Reader-list] [SPAM detected Spam-Test: True ; 6.0 / 5.0] COMMON MAN'S CONCERN: INTERNAL SECURITY

Bipin aliens at dataone.in
Sat Feb 20 13:22:42 IST 2010

During my... interactions with the Central Government, I raised two very
important aspects ... Price Rise and Internal Security. I personally and
very strongly feel these two should be on top in any Central Government's
priority as it has an impact on a common man's life. So I thought today I
will share my views with you through this blog...

NARENDRA MODI

http://www.narendramodi.in/speeches_textfile/speeches_textfile_detail/91

Respected Prime Minister Shri Manmohan Singhji, Hon. Union Home Minister
Shri P.Chidambaramji, Hon. Union Ministers, Hon. Chief Ministers and Ladies
& Gentlemen.

It is indeed a welcome step by the Union government to institutionalize this
high level forum for deliberations and policy actions in the matter of
internal security of the country. In view of the security concerns of the
country vis-à-vis various developments around the subcontinent and the
increased global concern involving terrorism coupled with almost regular
warning received on threat of fresh terrorists attack like 26/11 incident in
Mumbai, the deliberations on internal security assume great significance.

Although, many steps are being taken by the concerned states and the Union
government, Naxalite menace is looming large in many parts of the country as
the recent news reports show. It is very important at this stage that both
the State as well as the Central Governments are seen working together in
our endeavor to strengthen our internal security mechanism, provide our
forces engaged in maintenance of law and order with better physical
infrastructure, resources and appropriate legal backing.

It really saddens me when every fortnight I hear rejoinders and talk about
dossiers being supplied to the neighboring country on the involvement of
people and state agencies of that country in the shameful act of terrorism
in Mumbai on 26th November 2008. I would strongly urge that the time is ripe
when we build our inherent strength and institutional mechanisms so that we
do not have to rely upon external forces for bringing perpetrators of crime
against our people and institutions within our territory to book. To be
successful in that objective it is important that not only we are strong but
are also perceived as strong by the subversive elements within and outside
India who are out to subvert the peace & tranquility in our country.

Coming to the agenda issued for today's conference, I have to say with lot
of pain that the agenda does not include action taken on deliberations which
had taken place in previous conferences and it also does not include policy
mention that in the previous conference on Internal Security on 17thAugust
2009, I had emphasized the need to have fine balance in new Legislations. I
had made reference to the scope given to the National Investigation Agency
and categorically mentioned that the appointment of Director of NIA should
follow the same procedure as is being followed in matter of appointment of
Director, CBI. I had also raised concern as to how the proposed amendments
in Cr.P.C. would make our men in Uniform ineffective in matters of crime
investigation.

On the contrary, the current agenda seeks to take general consent of State
governments to investigation of FICN related offences by CBI. With deep
anguish and pain I want to ask whether the Ministry of Home Affairs,
Government of India has bothered to go through provisions of NIA Act 2008.
The National Investigation Agency Act 2008 provides powers of taking over
investigation of FICN related offences in the schedule of offences to be
investigated by NIA. So, why should there be need for asking the general
consent of state government for CBI to investigate FICN offences? Did
Government of India try to look in to the track record of CBI in
investigation of offences which it is already seized with? Is the CBI able
to timely investigate cases already in its hand? However, I wonder what this
inclusion of general consent for CBI to investigate FICN related offences
tries to achieve implicitly. I believe our Founding Fathers of the
Constitution had a long vision when they kept Law and Order as a state
subject. They had firm belief that for a vast country like ours, it is the
State government which is best positioned to deal with law and order issues.

If I may say so, for punishing criminals terrorizing our people from abroad
the Central Government has to take the leadership role. I hope that in the
matters of fugitives like Dawood Ibrahim or perpetrators of Mumbai incident,
the Central Government rises to the occasion and exhibits its strength and
goes beyond giving dossiers and brings culprits of crimes against our
society to book. As to the issue of tinkering with the basic feature of our
Constitution and bypassing statutory provisions as mentioned in Delhi Police
Establishment Act governing the Central Bureau of Investigation, there is
absolutely no question of giving such general consent. If the Government of
India thinks that the present scheme of distribution of powers between the
Centre and the States needs revisiting, then the issue may be looked in to
totality beginning with the present structure of the Constitution and we
will participate in those discussions.

(1) Status of current internal security scenario:

In the last conference on Internal Security we had deliberated upon issues
which impacted internal security of the nation and many suggestions were
made by the participants. Internal security threatened by organized crime
and terrorism etc. is required to be confronted with strong resolve which
should not be limited to physically strengthening the law enforcement
mechanism alone. Our policy decisions and laws to deal with such issues
should have enough teeth. The biggest issue concerning internal security, to
my mind, is lack of adequate legal provisions to support our efforts.

We had deliberated upon issues of threats from Naxalites and Separatists in
Kashmir and the North East. I understand that the Government of India is
definitely taking action to address the threats emanating from separatist
forces mentioned above. It is no longer a secret that the arms & ammunition
used by these subversive, separatist elements that are out to destroy unity
and integrity of India are smuggled through our porous borders. I must
emphasize that there is very thin line between what may be a diplomatic
issue and what may become an issue impacting our internal security. I would
urge the Government of India to seriously address this issue as not just a
diplomatic issue but also as an issue seriously concerning the integrity of
nation and status of internal security in our country.

(2) Capacity Building:

It is imperative that to cope up with the increased threats to internal
security on account of advancement in technology, sponsorship of subversive
activities from across the border and increase in population pressure,
capacity building of the law enforcement agencies is sine quo non. Capacity
building in an integrated manner to achieve full potential of the resources
both physical and human should be our focus.

The State is taking prompt and effective action for the maintenance of law
and order, investigation of offences, detection of crime and prosecution of
offenders. There has been perceptible fall in the caste and communal
conflicts in Gujarat with the result that throughout the year 2009 there was
not even a single major communal incident in the state of Gujarat. The
general election to the Parliament, bye elections to the Assembly and
elections to the local bodies have been successfully conducted without any
reported incident of violence.

Gujarat has taken initiative to have integrated and holistic approach in
capacity building and strengthening of law enforcement agencies. We have
concentrated on strengthening of infrastructure in terms of setting up of
new Police stations, Police out posts considering the geographical spread
and the long coast line. The State has given attention to recruitment of
personnel in all cadres; augmentation of armed police force; Establishment
of Commando units etc. The state has suitably amended all Recruitment rules
incorporating appropriate qualifications and standards. The State has made
it mandatory for its employees to have computer skill in all cadres of class
III and above to equip our forces to face future challenges.

We have developed appropriate training infrastructure backed by “Raksha
Shakti University” to impart physical, behavioral and other necessary
training to different cadres of personnel to deal with various crimes and
law and order situations. Different training modules have been evolved for
personnel dealing in cyber crime, economic offences, crimes against women
and children and for those who are handling dog squad, bomb disposal squad
or camel squad.

Gujarat houses many industrial complexes which can be termed as National
Assets. These assets are located perilously close to our hostile neighbor
near the coastal areas. To strengthen and to provide support for the
security needs of these vital national assets, the Government of Gujarat has
created four new battalions of Armed Police. We have also examined the issue
of geographical spread of districts for effective supervision and policing.
Kachchh is one of the largest districts in India and shares its border with
Pakistan. For effective policing and for effective supervision, we have
decided to bifurcate the district into two police districts.

During the last three years the State Government has undertaken an exercise
to fill up the vacancies in existing police set up besides creating
dedicated and specialized police units. The State has come out with separate
policies to recruit personnel for different cadres ranging from dog
handlers, camel riders, bomb disposal squad, and personnel for police band
to armed policemen. In the current year we will be completing recruitment of
680 Police Sub-Inspectors and 8734 police constables. We will also be
recruiting 143 armed Police Sub Inspectors and 4264 armed special reserve
police constables. In the current year we are raising two state reserve
police groups which will cater to the security needs of the vital
installations in and around the gulf of Kachchh area. The State of Gujarat
has since 1997, established a Gujarat Industrial Security Force which
comprises about 2500 security personnel.

Gujarat has also laid emphasis on training of the police personnel for their
capacity building. In the four police training institutes in Gujarat about
6000 police personnel have been trained in last one year. We have also
undertaken a conscious decision to train specialized units like Special
Operations Groups and Anti Terrorist Squads personnel in higher level of
skills. Accordingly such specialized groups are trained in cyber skills,
forensic skills and all weather combat exercises. We have also trained one
company of each battalion of State Reserve Police in Disaster Management
Capabilities. We have earmarked a special unit for detection and control of
Oil thefts from ONGC's pipelines and another unit for detection and control
of thefts from electricity transmission lines. Due to these efforts of the
State Government, thefts worth crores of rupees have been effectively
prevented.

(3) Combating Economic Offences

Organized crime gangs and terrorists require as well as generate large sums
of money through their organized scale of criminal operation and through
systemic methods of accumulating and investing these proceeds of crime. This
dirty money subsequently becomes source of funding for sponsoring and
supporting further organized criminal and terrorist activities. This dirty
money is then laundered by kingpins of such organized gangs either in India
or abroad. This menace of money laundering is a threat to our national
security. To deal with this problem of money laundering, Government of
Gujarat has constituted a Special anti Money Laundering Cell headed by an
officer of the rank of Addl. DGP in which representatives of intelligence
and ATS are members. Within four months of constitution of the money
laundering cell, it has been successful in busting two organized money
laundering activities running in to crores.

The police in Gujarat are adequately equipped and are competent to
investigate and take effective action in the matter of FICN related
offences. It is surprising that general consensus is being sought to hand
over FICN related cases to the CBI when NIA has been empowered to
investigate such offences. Further, an issue is pending before the larger
bench of the Supreme Court as to whether any case can be handed over to the
CBI without state government's consent.

(4) Strengthening of Intelligence Setup.

I may remind this august forum that it was accepted last time to set up
Regional Training Centers for intelligence personnel. However, on the ground
no such action has been initiated. I urge the Union government to execute
the decisions taken in this august forum.
I have been emphasizing since earlier occasions that a dedicated cadre of
intelligence officers and staff is required not only to gather intelligence
but also to be posted in many vital installations and busy public places as
multi-layered security system. Intelligence personnel with specific training
on behavioral science and capability of psychological reading of suspects'
mind are required even to avoid unnecessary hassles of long queues in
security frisking. We should also adopt latest technology and system of
intelligence gathering and analysis for which the states are required to be
strengthened.

The State Government has initiated a process of restructuring of the State
IB as per the guidelines of Ministry of Home Affairs. We have created 44
posts of Intelligence Officers and very shortly we will be recruiting
suitable persons for this dedicated cadre. The State is also having a 24 x 7
control room at state level as well as at each of the district level. The
SMAC network is also operational. The State control room has been
rechristened as Joint Operations Centre.

Gujarat has undertaken an exercise for organizational strengthening of
intelligence set up. The anti-terrorist squad and SOG have been brought
directly within the ambit of State Intelligence Bureau so that in times of
necessity of prompt investigative action the intelligence agency may move
beyond the collection of intelligence to investigation of offences.

(5) Strengthening of Counter Terrorism Capabilities.

We have tried to build effective counter terrorism capabilities and tried to
give it an institutional set up. Accordingly, we have constituted a very
high level security co-ordination committee for the state headed by the
Chief Secretary and in which local / state level heads of Navy, Air Force,
Coast Guard, Intelligence agencies and key departments of the State
Government are members. Similar mechanism headed by the District Magistrate
has been created at the district level. This security coordination committee
is meeting regularly once every two months. Guided by the security
coordination committee, the state intelligence agency has undertaken an
exercise of security audit of few category "A" vital installations in
cooperation with the Coast guard and Navy. The findings of such security
audit have been shared with the security in charge of such vital
installations and they have been advised to incorporate these suggestions to
strengthen security of their installations. The Government of Gujarat has
also undertaken an exercise of awareness building for the management of
establishments with large footfalls such as malls, multiplexes and other
public places through circulation of a questionnaire. The management of such
places has been sensitized for installation of CCTVs and other surveillance
equipments. The security of other public places with large number of
visitors is also reviewed from time to time and appropriate measures are
being undertaken in view of prevailing threats and intelligence inputs. The
State Government has decided to set up dedicated QRTs in each of the
districts during 2010-11, enhance strength of “Chetak Commando Forces” and
strengthen bomb disposal squads and dog squads.

(6) Strengthening of Crime Control Machinery.

The Government of Gujarat had submitted a proposal for complete
computerization of crime control machinery worth Rs 771 crores. The
Government of India has sanctioned a part of the project and a sum of Rs. 56
crores for this purpose. It appears that Government of India approved this
project with a rider to provide "Technical Architecture" to the Central
Government. Subsequently, Government of India has excluded sharing of source
code and provided a revised draft of MOU recently which is under
consideration of the State Government. I urge the Union government to
conduct a study to ascertain initiatives taken by different states and
evolve a proper system based on States' inputs. Better innovative solutions
developed by the State governments should be examined and considered while
developing an integrated solution compatible through out the country.
Incentive for developing appropriate solutions by States may be considered
by recognizing the copy rights or IP rights which will suitably encourage
their initiatives and efforts. To implement the CCTNS project it is
necessary to enhance capacity of existing IT infrastructure in the state
which would require substantial investment in improving the bandwidth and
back end processing capabilities. Government of India should allocate
additional funds to finance upgradation of existing Gujarat State Wide Area
Network.

I would like to raise the issue concerning modality of computing allocation
of funds under CCTNS project to respective states. A major factor in
deciding State's allocation is on the basis of number of police stations and
this is discriminatory to States like Gujarat. I would request the Union
Home Minister to revisit the criterion and fix population as the major
deciding factor so that it is non discriminatory against states with
comparatively less number of Police stations.

Gujarat has also invested considerably in enhancing capabilities of its
Forensic Science Laboratory at Gandhinagar. The State has also set up a
Forensic Science University which has already started running post graduate
degree and diploma courses in Forensic Science, Forensic Nanotechnology,
Forensic pharmacy, Behavioural Science, Cyber Forensics to name a few.

(7) Police Reforms

Gujarat has always been proactive in taking up Police reforms for better
management of law and order situation and to ensure safety and security of
its citizens. The state has been following the Bombay Police Act and
provisions of the Police Manual. After the judgment of Hon. Supreme Court in
Prakash Singh v/s Union of India in writ petition No. 310/1996, the State
Government has constituted State Security Commission, Police Establishment
Boards and Police Complaint Authority. The State has also amended Mumbai
Police Act making necessary Provision for tenure of police officers
including that of DGP.

The State has ensured stable tenure for officers and encouraged effective
and efficient administration. Various welfare measures have been taken up
not only for the police personnel but also for family members of the
policemen.

However, Police reforms will remain incomplete or inadequate without proper
moral and legal support to the forces. Of late, number of instances have
come to notice which are highly demoralizing for the police force and
indirectly provide ground for rejoicing to the subversive elements.

(8) Modernization of Police Forces.

It is always desirable that writ of law should prevail in a civilized
society rather than rule by force. While we can not ignore the need to equip
our police forces with modern weapons and equipments, the process of
modernization should encompass much wider spectrum to enable our forces to
be more effective. Unfortunately, of late, we have started ignoring
importance of effective and stronger laws as a deterrent tool. I believe, we
have taken very hasty steps in amending established laws vital for criminal
justice system. Often such steps lead to demoralization of law enforcing
forces. The criminal administration system has also been weakened due to
overlooking of set rules, procedures and established practices by certain
steps apparently taken in haste or by certain considerations. I urge that
policy decisions affecting internal security and morale of the police force
should be taken after due deliberations considering the requirement of the
situation and the federal governing structure of the country.

Government of Gujarat accords top priority to modernization of police force.
Modernization is being carried out not only in terms of equipment provided
to the police forces but also in terms of skill up gradation of the police
personnel. We have been trying to procure adequate number of advanced
weapons and ammunitions for the police force. Unfortunately we are not able
to get adequate quantity of ammunitions allotted by ordnance factories. I
would request again that the Union government reassess requirements of the
states and takes necessary action.

I appreciate that we are getting assistance for modernization of the police
force from the Government of India. Unfortunately the budgetary allocation
for the modernization is grossly inadequate. Looking to the strategic
location of Gujarat and the increased threat perception from across the
border and from across the coastal waters, Gujarat deserves special support
to put in place effective deterrent mechanism. Rapid industrialization and
presence of vital national assets in the coastal areas are adding to the
pressure. I would urge that Govt. of India enhances outlay for Gujarat under
the MPF scheme to not less than Rs.250 crores per annum. It is noteworthy
here that policing in cities like Ahmedabad requires specialized equipment
and also has its own set of unique problems. I would therefore urge the
Government of India to provide separate funds for Mega City Policing.

(9) Issues relating to Naxal Management.

Naxalites have been trying hard to penetrate in to Gujarat. But because of
general well being of the people, successful Land Reforms Policy of the
State, Pragmatic Labor Policy, Innovative programmes for upliftment of poor
and special dedicated flagship schemes in the coastal as well as tribal
regions, the Naxalites have failed to gain any foothold in agrarian or
industrial or tribal belt of Gujarat. However, one disturbing issue that has
come to our notice and which is very important in the context of national
security is the fact that some of the Naxalites who fled from their
respective areas on account of stern action by the security agencies in
respective states have tried in the past to come to Gujarat for bidding
their time or for availing medical facilities. This issue I had flagged in
previous conferences on National Security also. Currently Government of
India has identified 14 states as states affected by Naxalism and therefore
intelligence sharing relating to Naxalite activities is happening only among
these 14 states. I had requested in the previous conferences that the
intelligence sharing must take place with other states also so that they
could upgrade their capacity to meet such challenges in future and at the
same time, they also take necessary measures to ensure that Naxalism is not
permitted to take root in other states. I would urge the Government of India
to consider this request in right earnest and instruct the concerned
agencies to share intelligence relating to Naxalism with other states also.

(10) Issues relating to Coastal Security.

Gujarat has a long coast line in proximity to our hostile neighbor. Many
areas adjoining to the sea are not easily accessible from the land side.
Effective coastal patrolling would require dotting of the coast line with
series of coastal police stations equipped with better and modern
facilities, adequate office and residential facilities and motivated and
trained manpower to provide effective policing and intelligence set up. This
would also necessarily require a high level of inter agency coordination
amongst all the players like Coastal police, Navy, Coast Guard, Air Force,
BSF, State & Central intelligence agencies.

We have converted our state police control centre into joint operations
centre wherein the representative from Navy, Coast guard, Customs, BSF and
Fisheries Department are present. I would take this opportunity to urge the
Government of India to formalize this mechanism through appropriate
administrative instructions.

I may remind this august forum that in the last conference, a suggestion to
train our youth from the fishermen community on the line of Territorial Army
during the lean period was accepted. However, no effective step has yet been
taken in this direction. I had also requested the Government of India to
establish a National Maritime Security Authority for effective co-ordination
of forces engaged in coastal security. I request the Union Government to
implement the accepted suggestions of this important forum dealing in
internal security of the country in time bound manner.

All along the coast line, a large number of small islands exist which need
to be watched carefully. Previously I had raised the issue of non-patrolling
of the stretch between Medi & Jakhau along the Kachchh coast. The Government
of India has already indicated that the responsibility of patrolling this
stretch vests with the coast guard. However, I would like to bring it to the
notice of Union Government that because of lack of suitable boats with the
coast guard, it is able to patrol only the sea-ward face of this particular
stretch and therefore the issue of foolproof coverage still remains
unresolved. I would urge the Government of India to provide suitable boats
to the Coast Guard so that they can carry out patrolling in marshy and
mangrove laden shallow waters as well.

To develop the critical infrastructure for coastal Security, Government of
Gujarat had submitted a proposal to the Government of India for Rs. 398.47
crores under coastal security scheme. The Government of India in the first
phase had approved only a part of the proposal worth Rs.58.42 crores. I am
glad to report that most of the construction as well as staffing of the
police stations, outposts and check posts under first phase of coastal
security scheme will be completed by 31st March, 2010. However, all 30 high
speed boats allocated have not been supplied yet though the first phase of
five years is over. Some of the eight boats which have been supplied so far
are facing problems in terms of maintenance as no AMC is in place on the
ground. I had requested earlier to explore the possibility of manning these
sophisticated boats by trained crew from the supplier company so that our
staff could also be trained adequately. I hope this aspect will looked in to
in the interest of ensuring optimum utilization of resources.

Further, we have already submitted proposal for phase-II of coastal security
scheme for setting up 12 additional police stations and 17 additional
outposts. The Government of India is requested to approve it expeditiously.

Coming to the security at ports, it has to be accepted that it is grossly
inadequate and also lacks in institutional mechanism. For minor ports and
ports with private developers currently there is no mechanism to effectively
check movement of personnel in and out of the port areas. We need to have a
policy on the line of policy of immigration check at the airport in as much
as movement of personnel in and out of a port is as good as movement of
personnel in and out of the airport. Besides, we also need to introduce a
mechanism for tracking and monitoring small ships and other vessels
including fishing boats. I have repeatedly urged the Government of India for
speeding up implementation of the Vessels Traffic Monitoring System in the
gulf of Kachchh. I hope that the Government of India accords it top priority
and expedites the execution of the Vessels Traffic Monitoring System in the
gulf of Kachchh.

(11) Border Management:

Few years ago the Government of India undertook an ambitious programme for
fencing of the border between India & Pakistan. Most of the fencing work
along the border has been completed but the last mile issues need to be
addressed. Few days ago I was quite disturbed after reading that attempts
were made by our enemy to cut through and destroy fencing at many places.
While completing work of fencing in the uncovered areas of the Rann of
Kachchh has to be done on top priority, at the same time and under no
circumstances we must lay our guards down.

We must also pay attention to the issue of infrastructure development along
the border areas. I had mentioned on the last occasion about setting up of
solar power project complexes near the border not only to encourage
investment and infrastructure activities, but also to provide critical
impetus for growth in the region. It would facilitate our border security
forces as well, when power will be sufficiently available along the borders.

I had also mentioned about installing high capacity communication network
with powerful transmission system in the border region to prevent
undesirable communication signals and other transmissions invading our
regions. This aspect needs urgent consideration to protect our population in
the border areas who may become vulnerable to adverse propaganda in critical
situations.

The Gujarat Government has identified a critical link for development of the
road between Gadhuli & Santalpur. This link when complete would bring the
border areas of Kachchh & Patan closer to the main land as well as to the
national highways significantly. The State Government had submitted a
proposal of Rs. 579 crores for construction of this vital road link and it
appears that Government of India has agreed in principle and accepted view
point of Gujarat regarding importance of this road link from strategic point
of view. I would request that once a particular project has been recognized
as vital for national security, then insignificant issues such as which
department would make budgetary provision should not come in way of
expeditious execution of the project.

I am glad that the Central Government has felt the need to strengthen road
infrastructure in border areas to improve connectivity of the border towns
with the district headquarters. Some time ago the State Governments were
requested to identify such missing yet important connecting roads and submit
their proposals. Accordingly Government of Gujarat submitted a proposal for
improvement of 965 Km. of roads in the border districts at an estimated cost
of Rs. 1179 crores in June 2009. We are yet to hear anything from the
Government of India. I would urge the Government of India for expeditious
decision and approval in the matter.

Concluding, I reiterate my appreciation for this initiative of holding this
high level conference on internal security regularly. I would share that all
the States though constrained in the matter of resources available with
them, are taking concerted action to see that internal security is not
jeopardized at any cost. The related issue which I think equally important
is regarding improvement in the Criminal Justice System. We must appreciate
that police has only powers of booking the criminals and collection of
evidence. Thereafter it is for the criminal justice system to deal with the
criminals effectively. One of the important parameters to gauge
effectiveness of our criminal justice system is the ratio of convictions to
acquittals. Even in matters of serious body and property offences, many a
times criminals are let off on grounds of technicalities. Besides, in many
instances the delay from investigation of offences to the conduct of the
trial seriously compromises willingness of the witnesses to give truthful
evidences. This is an issue which we must address in right earnest. My
government is committed to build a mechanism to ensure that all criminal
cases are disposed of within 12 months. In Gujarat, we have tried to
operationalize 102 evening courts and are also encouraging disposal of petty
offences through Lok Adalats. In the year 2009 alone, 9273 Lok Adalats were
conducted which disposed of 4,33,089 cases. We have been successful in
disposing of 3,79,937 cases through 75 Fast track courts and 6,25,765 cases
through evening courts. I hope these initiatives of the executive and the
judiciary in the State of Gujarat will go a long way in further
strengthening our efforts to deal with criminals, anti-social and subversive
elements.

Regarding the establishment of special CBI courts, Gujarat already has two
Sessions and two Magisterial courts functioning and in the current years'
budget, one Sessions and one Magisterial court are proposed be set up.

Gujarat is completing 50 years of its formation and will be celebrating its
Golden Jubilee from 1st May, 2010. We have decided to use this opportunity
to galvanize the masses and motivate citizens to build a better and stronger
Gujarat where every person is educated, healthy and where every village is
Nirmal. We will launch the Golden Jubilee Celebrations on 1st May, 2010 with
a Mega Event at Ahmedabad. I take this opportunity to extend warm invitation
to all distinguished personalities present in this august gathering to join
us in the celebrations.

                                                   Jay Hind, Jay Jay Swarnim
Gujarat.