[Reader-list] Gujarat -Plan to provide Rs.5, 000-cr to poor women by 2014:Mod

anupam chakravartty c.anupam at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 13:10:24 IST 2010

Modi's move to reach out to the poor of the state is praiseworthy but
when he organised these fairs across the state, other political
parties wanting to participate in a dialogue or to tell the minister
about the problems of their respective areas were detained. Can
anybody tell us why? If this is such a great move, why was dissent not
allowed? Why was an MP from Dahod detained by the police when she
wanted to ask the minister about the signs of drought affecting her
constituency? Why even now a million from tribal areas of Panchmahals,
Chhota Udepur or Narmada district still migrate? There have been 17
loots, according to the district police officials of three tribal
dominated districts in eastern flank of Gujarat including a brazen
attack on the state treasury and police armoury, a Bohra muslim couple
being looted on the highway near Dahod by unidentified men? why do
villagers of panchmahals and Dahod district after 6:30 PM start
pelting stones at each other's house to keep awake? can narendra modi
answer why quinine tablets are still sold in paan shops of muslim
areas in godhra his health schemes are supposedly best in the country?
why was a BJP MLA opposing the Nirma plant in his constituency because
it would use all the water resources was attacked day before
yesterday? why are there is significant increase in the number of
people, including cattle rearing tribal families squatting on the
footpaths of all the major urban centers of the state?

these are just a few questions which i am sure would complete a report
quoted by mr pawan. i am not disputing the claims of the modi
government. it may be doing a wonderful job in comparison with other
states but what is this way of highlighting a state government's
initiative?