[Reader-list] Mails blocked by SARAI Reader-List

Britta Ohm ohm at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Thu Jan 7 17:49:08 IST 2010

Dear Kshmendra,
thanks. Yes, I'm quite sure they are not actively moderated, even
though the message you get is 'Your mail is being held until the list
moderator can review it for approval', so I wonder what this review
process consists of. If it is systemically/electronically, the
arbitrariness with which mails get through or rejected - because we
never get a result of this 'review process' - should be a concern. And
if it is indeed personal, all the more.
Britta

Am 07.01.2010 um 11:24 schrieb Kshmendra Kaul:

> Dear Aditya & Britta
>
> I do not think that SARAI Reader-List postings are moderated.
>
> What does happen for sure though, and I speak from personal
> experiences, is that in case of a SERVER-GLITCH, postings by members
> get rejected. I for example, in such 'rejected' postings get the
> advisory that I am 'not a member'. It is just a temporary glitch.
>
> Such mails need to be re-posted once you glean that you are
> receiving other mails from the Reader-List.
>
> Kshmendra

---------------------------------------
Dr. Britta Ohm

Institute of Social Anthropology