[Reader-list] India state-run banks 'turn away Muslims': BBC

Rajkamal Goswami rajkamalgoswami at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 10:57:54 IST 2010

I think Javed & co. should be banned from this group. He is just
indulging circulating news that essentially leads to a heated
argument. Its diluting the utility of this group.

On 7/26/10, anupam chakravartty <c.anupam at gmail.com> wrote:
> how convenient is this line of reasoning:
>
> filmstars, who are incidentally muslim, do not have trouble in opening a
> bank account because they are making billions. therefore, any muslim should
> not have trouble in opening an account. therefore, if someone is citing a
> report about muslims having difficulties to open a bank because of the bank
> officials, according to the reasons offered by Mr Taraprakash, are actually
> creating a 'Pakistan' here.
>
> Mr, Taraprakash, this kind of reasoning would surely make us one of the most
> powerful nations of the world. wouldn't it?
>
> Can anyone explain why even nationalised bank executives are asked to line
> up on the doors of the victims who get relief from the government?
>
> regards
> Anupam
>
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 2:21 AM, TaraPrakash <taraprakash at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I didn't know a poor Indian who is not a muslim is invited, offered
>> breakfast and tea along with an easy account. I wonder what religion are
>> the
>> bollywood Khans who make billions. Do they have trouble opening bank
>> accounts?
>>
>> It's high time Javed, you start forwarding emails asking for one more
>> Pakistan. I will be with those who ask for a new country as long as they
>> promise that every Muslim will be treated equally in that country.
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Javed" <javedmasoo at gmail.com>

Rajkamal Goswami
PhD Student
Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE)
Royal Enclave, Sri Ramapura, Jakkur P.O.
Bangalore 560 064 Karnataka, India.
Phone: 080-23635555,
Mobile: 09740362460
Fax: 91 80 2353 0070

Web: www.atree.org

“To be in good moral condition requires at least as much training as
to be in good physical condition.”