[Reader-list] India state-run banks 'turn away Muslims': BBC

Javed javedmasoo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 15:39:34 IST 2010

Dear friends
You have the right to respond in the way you all did to my mail. But I
reiterate that by sending this report I do not wish to offend Hindus
(and why should they - its not about them). Profiling of Muslims in
different institutions is a fact which you cannot deny. If you don't
believe BBC, please take a look at this report from India Today:

Muslims face bank profiling barrier (Maneesh Pandey, India Today)
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/Story/106106/India/muslims-face-bank-profiling-barrier.html

A very close freind of mine (a Muslim) who is rich and not illitrate,
got a bank loan some years ago since he was working in an MNC. Later
on he left the job and started his own business. But his residential
address is a Muslim-dominated area of Delhi. The same bank which gave
him a loan years ago, now refuses to give him a credit card and other
services. They don't give any reason, but sheepishly tell him that
there are some "technical" problems. In fact many other companies have
refused credit card to him because of that particualr address. There
are many stories like that. And I agree that banks can refuse you
services if you don't have the proper ID documents. But what about if
you do have all the papers and yet they refuse.

And for someone who made a suggestion for me: I am sorry but I do not
wish to go to Pakistan. This is my country and I have the right to
fight for my rights. If you have a problem with my mails, please
delete them whenever you see my name.

thanks

Javed