[Reader-list] India state-run banks 'turn away Muslims': BBC

Kshmendra Kaul kshmendra2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 26 18:11:14 IST 2010

Dear Rajkamal

1. What is the utility of this group? How is it getting diluted?

2. Doesnt Javed have a right to post a newsreport that highlights bias and prejudice against Muslims?

3. Doesnt someone else have a right to post a newsreport that highlights bias and prejudice against (say) Hindus? Would you ask him/her to be banned too?

4. Will you ask for a ban on BCC and India Today too (as just two examples) where this bias and prejudice against Muslims has been reported?

You can criticise the contents of the report (as some have). If you have evidence to the contrary, you can disprove the contents of the report. You cannot ask for a ban.

I am sure you would find it ridiculous if someone asked for you to be banned for posting on this List (on 6th Aug '09) a Tehelka report "Murder In Plain Sight" about fake encounters in Manipur. You are aware that the topic of 'fake encounters' leads to 'heated argument'.

Kshmendra