[Reader-list] Taliban is the future

Kshmendra Kaul kshmendra2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 16:28:43 IST 2010

Dear Yasir

Thank you for your respose and the analyses therein. Always a pleasure to read you and get educated.

I absolutely dont mind your comments about "Hindu" and "Indian Secularism".

I am sure you applied your mind in the making of those statements. If that is what your aggregated understanding of  "Hindu" and "India Secularism" is, then I am sure it is an informed opinion from you.

Incidentally, I see myself as a Kashmiri Pandit (or rather a Koshur Bhatta) and not as a Hindu.

And incidentally I have a very low opinion of Indian Secularism. I see it as a convoluted interpretation of 'secular' and do believe that the way it is practised  and propagated is nowhere close to being 'secular' and has done immense harm to India.

And incidentally I have an identical opinion about Indian Democracy also.

And incidentally I am not "Anti-Islamic". If I am, then I am equally and perhaps more "Anti-Hindu" too. I am wondering whether it is so difficult to differentiate between a critical evaluation being done and it being an "Anti" attitude. I get identical judgements from many of my "Hindu" friends also. They believe I am a 'Anti-Hindu'-'Closet-Muslim'.

I will tell you who is Anti-Islamic. It is the Muslims themselves and few more so than those of Pakistan. Just as the Hindus themselves are Anti-Hindu. (AGGREGATED JUDGEMENT).

An offering of Love from Faiz:

Gulshan-e-yaad mein gar aaj dum-e-baad-e-saba
Phir se chahay ke gul afshaan ho, toh ho janay do

Umr-e-rafta ke kisi taak pe bisra hua dard
Phir se chahay ke farozan ho, toh ho janay do

Jaisay begaanay se milte ho vaisay hee sahi
Aao doh char ghadee mere muqabil baitho

Garche mil baithaingay hum tum to mulaqaat ke baad
Apna ihsas-e-ziyaN aur ziada hoga

Hum sukhan hongay hum donoN toh har baat ke beech
Unkahi baat ka mohoom sa parda hoga

Koi iqrar na maiN yaad dilaoonga na tum
Koi mazmoon wafa ka na jafa ka hoga

Gard-e-ayyam ki tehreer ko dhonay ke liye
Tum se goya ho dum-e-deed jo meri palkein
Tum jo chaho toh suno, aur jo na chaho na suno

Aur jab harf karrain mujhsay guraizaan aankhein
Tum jo chaho to kaho, aur na chaho, na kaho

Kshmendra