[Reader-list] Public Enemy vs Arizona: Sonic Immigration

kabi cubby sherman cubbykabi at yahoo.com
Wed May 5 12:56:06 IST 2010

that is ted hayes in the video. interesting person in Los Angeles history. complicated. he started out in very activist work, good work, with the homeless. now he is a republican, has been anti-immigrant for awhile, was pro-bush, ran for mayor against maxine waters (and lost by a tsunami of votes). he doesn't have any credence in the LA political scene, from any side, including his fellow republicans. he is out there pretty much all by himself but seems to have fun taking some very strange positions on things.

there were very few people marching down that street. mostly some youth who in their frustration, very simple rhetoric and blame, can make sense, instead of an analysis of power and solidarity and sense.

best
kabi

Meter Down - काली पीली की कहानी
blog: http://meterdown.wordpress.com