[Reader-list] Price of documenting Individual identity in India-100 rupees

Taha Mehmood 2tahamehmood at googlemail.com
Sun May 9 22:06:38 IST 2010

Dear Bipin

We seem to trudging on familiar grounds. First of all, let me state
that I am a researcher and not an activist. My role is not to oppose
or support an issue. It does not matter to me if UID fails or
succeeds. Personally I am deeply interested in thinking about the idea
of -identity-. UID happens to be about -identity- therefore my
interest. The notion of -identity- happens to be one of the many
research interests which I follow regularly. As a researcher my role
is to re-search. So basically it a hugely self absorbing exercise to
survey views on a particular topic. I have tried to do this publicly
on my research blog. I invite you to please have a look at it. You may
access it at http://tahaz.wordpress.com/

I would like to know what is it about UID that interests you?

Warm regards

Taha