[Reader-list] NO CAVILING AT GUJARAT'S HARD FACTS

Britta Ohm ohm at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri May 28 15:34:29 IST 2010

Wasted interest is an interesting term, I only know of wasted time.
Off Relief Road in the old city (round the corner of the House of MG)
you find the headquarters of the Ulema-e-Hind, a very accessable
though delapidated place whose staff will be happy to take you to
Madni Nagar, in Ramol, just South East of the city centre. Ask for
Shaikh Bey, who I very much hope is in good health. If you want it
more posh, go to Satellite and ask for the Janvikas headquarters, they
have a meticulous documentation of all 69 camps that existed in
Gujarat 2007, when I was there, and the six in and around Ahmedabad.
I'm sure Gagan Sethi will arrange for you to visit the Haji Majid Kaka
camp in Halol/Panchmahal, which is maintained by them, or Citizen
Nagar, which is also in Ahmedabad, Bombay Hotel. I'm happy to go with
you any time but would prefer to donate the money I would have to
invest for a ticket to India at this point. So, do you think you can
manage witthout me? It's easy, really.

Am 28.05.2010 um 10:55 schrieb Bipin Trivedi:

> Please come to Ahmedabad and show me 'semi permanent' camp practically
> exists, we can visit together to verify it. Can you come along with
> me? As
> such no such camp practically exists. NGO's in Bombay keep it exists
> on
> paper just to take fund nothing else. THIS IS WASTED INTEREST,
> Britta try to
> understand.

>>> 3012 Bern
>>> Switzerland